Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-01-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
What's the diff between 2008 Closed Toe Zeus and 2008 Closed Toe Answer?
Old     (bstphen24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-01-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
Zeus go up higher on the ankle, and are stiffer than the answers will be. I have the open toe zeus, and have ridden the answers just a couple of times. But, both are great bindings it just depends on how you like the stiffness.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-01-2008, 12:24 PM Reply   
Good info, thanks. Wonder why Answers tend to be around 40 bucks cheaper usually. Quality is the same?
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-01-2008, 10:35 PM Reply   
I traded my 08 Zeus for the 08 Answers... The quality is the same for the most part... Like mentioned before, the Answers has a more looser feeling to then up top then the Zeus... Either way, you can't go wrong with either binding.... From what I herd, the Answers are really popular...

Kevin
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-02-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
Why are Zeus's more expensive than Answers? I suspect it's marketing. Zeus is their highest end binding, thus, priced higher.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-02-2008, 5:17 PM Reply   
It seems the trend in the market is that the highest wrap with the most stiffness is considered the high end boot for every line. It is usually priced accordingly. There is a few more elements(material) that might make the Zeus a little more expensive. That being said, I love my Answers!! I have been wearing them since November and they still feel/look brand new.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-02-2008, 5:47 PM Reply   
Anyone else having durability issues with their Limited Answers? I haven't even ridden them that much this summer and they are literally falling apart and the white leatherish material is peeling off everywhere. My old Zeus bindings looked brand new after 3 seasons of hard riding!
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-03-2008, 8:27 PM Reply   
Cool, sounds like Answers may be the answer for me (don't like a real stiff boot). Anyone know if they fit the LF Team board OK?

Got a sweet deal on Slingshot Driver bindings at the last years boat show ($150 new). Love the comfort and support, but lately the inside laces have been loosening up after a few diggers and they're a pain to get to (gotta undo the first two sets of laces first). Plus, with three laces per boot, it takes forever to get into them. Not to mention the fact that the comfy inserts (yeah, the ones with silhouettes of naked ladies) are starting to show some wear after just one season (the outer shells are as good as new though).

Anyway, that CWB Hinge tech looks pretty sweet. 2008 is the first year CWB made the Answer, right? Guess will wait for the '09 gear to hit the market and see if I can't get a sweet deal on some '08 Answers.

(Message edited by ak4life on September 03, 2008)
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-03-2008, 9:08 PM Reply   
Here is my setup...08 cwb transcend/answerUpload