Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-31-2004, 10:17 PM Reply   
What does everyone do when they invite a bunch of people on the boat for a day of wakeboarding. I guess you could stop off for lunch at the marina but do you bring your food. I hate to tell people to bring their own lunch but at the same time I don't feel I should be providing food and drink for them. The problem I see with telling people to bring their own lunch is they bring messy food that stains the carpet the seats. With my regular crew this isn't a problem because by now we are organized enough that it isn't a problem. But if you invite new people on the boat what do you do?
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       05-31-2004, 11:01 PM Reply   
I usually just pack a cooler of like chips, soda, water, pretzles and who knows maybe some beer. If the food runs out ohh well. Some times my mom will make sandwhiches for all of us but you may wanna try going out to eat before you go out on the boat.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-31-2004, 11:06 PM Reply   
Easy... every person responsible for him or her self, but no chips (especially Cheetos or orange Doritos) allowed on the boat!! And keep a bottle of 409 or spray cleaner in the boat to get any mustard or anything else before it has time for stains to set in.
Old    bobbymucic            06-01-2004, 6:21 AM Reply   
I usually provide beverages and sandwiches. People I invite understand that they pitch in for gas, food, and fees. It work out great for camping weekends. 60 bucks for two days of eating and riding.

For day trips, either I buy bread, deli stuff, and fixin's, or premade sandwiches. Often we'll assembly-line the sandwich making, so it gets done fast.

I figure buying everything myself, avoids waste, and controls what comes on the boat.
Old    handyman            06-01-2004, 7:20 AM Reply   
I always ask guests the day before what they would like to do. Depending on the lake we go to we may choose to picnic it at the shore or go to the restaurant. If we go to the restaurant everyone knows they are responsible for themselves but usually we all pitch in and it is more than enough. As long as everybody knows the plans a day or two in advance we havn't had a problem. One last thing, everyone knows we DO NOT eat on the boat. Give people options and they know what the plans are.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-01-2004, 7:57 AM Reply   
People always mention not bringing Cheetos and chips on the boat. I just had my 2yr old nephew and 6 yr old niece on the boat and the had Cheetos, Chips, cookies, and pretty much any type of food that doesn't belong on the boat. Now my question is how in the heck do you people tell your kids, or nieces and nephews that these aren't allowed on the boat?! Their is no way that me or my wife will ever tell our families kids that this isn't allowed, I mean I want them to have fun and come out with us every time we go out. I guess I love them too much to not care. And for the record I did not find one crumb or stain from them.