Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-04-2009, 11:21 AM Reply   
boat has 45 hours, oil pressure good, temp right in line, tranny fluids in spec and two sensors changed already but this boat will not stop beeping? v-drive light goes off when it should and impellar is brand new.. two loud audible alert beeps every 5 minutes or so.. doesn't matter if boat is idling or perfect pass at 23.7? dealership "cannot find" anything wrong? has anybody else experienced this? engine is 6.2 black scorp.. tired of taking it back there and them not being able to help.. have contacted supreme and they have no idea? help me out mates, all input is appreciated..
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-04-2009, 11:25 AM Reply   
had the same problem with my 06 v220 black scorp - the first time i took her out. Called Kal Customs - there was a recall on the engine temp sensor(i think thats what it was called) brought it in - pulled the old one out, put in the new one - Done. took 5 minutes.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-04-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
If your dealer cannot figure out you really need to find a new service center - it should be as simple as scanning the engine with the Merc computer and changing whatever sensor is sounding the alarm.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-04-2009, 2:09 PM Reply   
My '07 Supreme V212 with the 330hp Black Scorpion just started doing the same thing.Mine starts sounding at around 20mph and if I stay above 20mph for any time it go to a continuous beep and limp. It is at shop now.I will report what my service guy found when he lets me know what's up.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-14-2009, 7:22 PM Reply   
jay, same exact symptons.. please report back as soon as you hear anything!! the computer and diagnostics are not tripping any error codes at 2 different dealers now and all sensors have been replaced to no avail.. merc is involved now and they are "troubleshooting" at the factory with a black scorp to see if they can reverse engineer the issue.. this is nuts!!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-15-2009, 6:46 AM Reply   
I know for sure mine has a problem because the starboard exhaust manifold is not getting enough water.
Old     (serria1)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-16-2009, 9:26 AM Reply   
Almost the same thing on my V208 dealer found out after scanning we has a Bad Water Pressure switch took them a few hours to find what the code was but they fixed it.
If no code showing Hope it under warrenty not by the hour.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-20-2009, 9:34 AM Reply   
My warning beep problem has been solved.The code scan showed that the trany oil cooler pressure sensor was bad,thet replaced it,no fix.They found that a shift cable bracket was rubbing on the engine wire harness,checked that out no fix.They then called Merc. tech support and they said to do a check on the ECM.The boat was also stalling when you pulled the throttle back to the neutral lock position,so they were looking at the TPS and the IAC,but it ended up being the ECM was causing all the problems with the beeps and the stalling.Changed out the ECM and now all is good.I'm glad it happened while still under warranty cause they said the ECM is about $1,100.00.Props to Ron the service mgr.at my dealer for figuring this one out ,he said it was one of the most confusing problems he has encountered.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-21-2009, 3:54 PM Reply   
jay,
thanks to you and everyone else for the update!! she is in getting the ecm checked as we speak.. will keep you all posted..