Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-22-2010, 12:13 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I'm having a little fiberglass work done. The guy needs all of the plastic and vinyl off of the driver side wall. I can feel the bolts through the vinyl but I am having a hard time accessing them. It would seem I could go through the cup holders, but they don't seem to want to come out. I thought they would just slide right out, but I've applied a lot of pressure on them I feel if I put any more it might actual rip the vinyl. Any suggestions for popping them out? Is it possible they are glued in? 03 Supra Launch SSV for reference. any other helpful info to remove the interior would be appreciated. thanks
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-23-2010, 9:23 AM Reply   
bump for help. i don't want to destroy my vinyl getting cup holders out. any suggestion?
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-23-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
Jeremy,
I removed all of the interior from my 2000 Moomba Mobius. The interior pieces had studs on the back going through the fiberglass with nuts on the back. Some were tricky to get to, but I managed. I also replaced all my plastic cup holders with stainless ones. They were just stuck in place and were not difficult to remove. You might give Skiers Choice a call. I'm sure tthey can tell you how it comes off.

Hope this helps,
Jman
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-23-2010, 2:25 PM Reply   
Malibu interiors are attached the same way, and the best tool I found for getting the nuts off in tight spots was a ratcheting box wrench.

My cupholders have electrical tape wrapped around the outside (against the back side of the board they're mounted in) to keep them in place. Check for that.