Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-22-2010, 6:28 AM Reply   
Was trying to think of a way to mount a bottle opener onto my tower, has anyone mounted a bottle opener on their boat?
Old     (pacifichigh)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-22-2010, 7:16 AM Reply   
Glass bottles are a terrible idea on the water, from stepping on a broken bottle underwater to them floating partially submerged-- No Bueno.
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-22-2010, 7:26 AM Reply   
well never had issues with bottles finding themselves out of the boat, and actually never stepped on a bottle but on the rivers here in Pittsburgh i have never touched the bottom or would want to
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-22-2010, 7:31 AM Reply   
we haev pretty steep fines on our lake if your cought with bottles...$125/ per bottle...yes per bottle. with that said are loacl lake patorl rarely enforce the law.

I agree, I try not to rbing bottles out to the lake.

But to answer you questions I think it's easier to just keep an opener on the boat. I do have one mounted on my pontoon boat. It's a magnet and sticks to the metal and has magnets all over it that catch the cap as it pops off.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-22-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
Just put it on the edge of your board and pound the top off.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-22-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
I saw this thread and could not help but post....

Glass on boat....bad idea

Bottle opener on tower....not the most attactive boat add-on.

Dude's should not be drinking Mikes Hard Lemonade on a boat (j/k....ha ha)

IMO, a bottle opener on your tower is kinda silly and a great way for the lake police to have one more reason to hassle you.
Old     (vrider202)      Join Date: May 2008       03-22-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
Bakes sells one that mounts under your seat that holds your cooler.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-22-2010, 7:42 AM Reply   
We use the bottom end of the flag,but Im just gonna bring one,its tearin the flag up.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-22-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
We dont plan on having bottles on ours either, but its always nice to have that feature if you ever needed it. Luckily we dont have to worry about fabricating one, its built in! lol Props to Axis for that.
Attached Images

Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-22-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
because... on a friends boat we didn't have an opener and they brought "local special brews", and tried to use the ski eye hook. Busted the top of the bottle.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-22-2010, 7:55 AM Reply   
Greg I gotta give it to Axis that pretty cool.

Just buy this and keep it on your key chain

I am in no way affiliated with this company just passing on some good information. LOL
Attached Images

Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-22-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
Wow didnt expect for everyone to go so crazy on bottles. I drink pretty much drink micros solely so hard to not have bottles time to time, and there is no restriction on the rivers against having bottles.

The Axis solution is great! its concealed well

John do you have a link to the bakes item you are talking about, i cant find it on their site.

Blair, no keys, i have a nautique But i do currently have a opener in the glove box, but thought i would be nice to have something concealed and built in
Old     (vrider202)      Join Date: May 2008       03-22-2010, 9:01 AM Reply   
Go to Bakes website, click on shop online, got to accessories, go to coolers and beverages. They offer a stainless steel opener for 8.99.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-22-2010, 9:09 AM Reply   
now, a friend of mine has a can crusher mounted to his tower. Much more useful.
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-22-2010, 9:13 AM Reply   
Ok john, i was thinking of something different, but i have seen those all over the place. I just would know where to mount that on my boat except for the walk through and i am not going to drill into the fiberglass
Old     (vrider202)      Join Date: May 2008       03-22-2010, 9:26 AM Reply   
Not sure what you're looking at....this one mounts under your seat cushion.
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-22-2010, 9:30 AM Reply   
well on my SAN the cushions are not hinged. I was thinking of a opener that could clamp or strap around my tower
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-22-2010, 9:37 AM Reply   
I like my beer from a bottle and have never had a problem with glass even off-shore. I've dropped bottles from the fishing tower on a few occasions and never had one break. In the ski boat, never a breakage. Guess I'm lucky. I never heard of glass restrictions but if it was a problem I too would be for it. Broken glass is around for a long time and what a mess. I guess when you have sharp oysters the glass is a minor annoyance.

I may be a rebel...I also use a bottle around the pool.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-22-2010, 9:38 AM Reply   
I do...see red circle. Just a cheap Ikea one that I had so I screwed it to the tower. Works great.

I generally take cans out as well but once in a while I like to have me some Corona's or a lot of the chick drinks that the chicks are drinking come in bottles. Never had a bottle break in the boat to be worried about it.

I guess my circle didn't show up very well but just below the board on the left.
Attached Images

Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-22-2010, 9:52 AM Reply   
Dave that was the idea, it would be easy on mine since i have the flat bar on my FCT1 tower, but i just can bring myself to drill into my tower for a opener, was thinking something less invasive, but like the idea.

This type would be cool if you could magnetize aluminum

putting something like this

here

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-22-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
...Ah, just do it!

You could even spray it black if ya cared.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-22-2010, 10:51 AM Reply   
yeah, have one on our Axis tower mirror, but will prolly never use it-
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-22-2010, 1:18 PM Reply   
Too funny that Axis has put one on the mirror bracket.

We have one similar to the WakeWorld bottle opener pictured above secured to the zipper on the Malibu removable cooler, so it's not always on the boat, or always on the keys, but always on the cooler.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-22-2010, 2:21 PM Reply   
OMG Laughing @ people who are scaird of Glass on the boat, Question do you guy's eat with a "Spork" for fear of poking yourself while eating??
Old     (sammm724centurion)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-22-2010, 2:35 PM Reply   
Whatever happened to the GOOD 'OL days???