Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-22-2008, 8:26 PM Reply   
trevor, i agree that the bs 9 wasnt stomped

as for a stomped fs 10... i'll post it again (his last trick)

http://videos.wakeboardingmag.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=813&title=Mastercraft_Team_ Riders
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-22-2008, 8:27 PM Reply   
rathy stomped his switch heel tens for sure
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-22-2008, 8:30 PM Reply   
i read on the fox website that danny tried the 12 over 300 hundred times the past few weeks. now that is dedication
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-22-2008, 9:40 PM Reply   
Is a BS rotation really harder to rotate for a top rider? Why is it then that the first 10 landed was switch TS? Isn't that the same rotation as regular BS? heck Rusty does a switch toe 9 off the wake, I'd argue he's better spinning that direction.

The funny thing is, some of the riders are probably reading this and laughing at us all. Us with our "no, no this is better cuz I said so" mentality. Haha we are silly.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-22-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
lol

big heavy you're probably right
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       09-23-2008, 6:01 AM Reply   
the 1260 is kind of a big deal maneuver. If that person is correct in saying that it basically took one of 300 attempts to land it, it seems important to document it. Look at parks' 1080 situation. he landed that ONE 1080 in 1999. Compare that to mark kenney. His 1080s are like sasquatch or the lochness monster--they're basically mythical and not everyone really gives him credit for landing whatever it is he landed.

Thank GOD doster captured parks' 1080 because we would have had nothing. Therefore, it's just as important that danny went through all of that hassle to get his 1260 documented. It's effing history. How many times can you say that you saw the FIRST of something landed??

And it's not like they're always riding like that, because with the other dudes who were attempting 1080s, weren't they filming each other? I might be thinking danny's first 1080--was it andrew adkison who filmed it? Something like that...I don't remember those being the production this was.

Anyway!!!
Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-23-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
How come the links to the 1260 are dead?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-23-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
We had to pull down the video we took at the Wake Awards because Fuel owns the rights to broadcast that. I believe the footage will be available on Danny's sponsor websites soon.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-23-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
Big heavy, we are silly!
anyways, I understand you have more expirience in the wake industry and such, but isn't it easier to spin faster toeside and switch? given the cut in is difficult, but if you are a world renowned pro and are struggling with edging switch, then you really need to get around to working on that. Phillip's ole melon 1080/Skeezer 7 was switch toeside also.

Edit: Water Dork, I will agree to disagree with you on rusty's 1080's, I still think his are the sketchiest, however, pointing out which 10 is ugliest is like pointing out which ferrari is slowest.

(Message edited by hawk7 on September 23, 2008)
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-23-2008, 7:02 PM Reply   
trevor, i'll agree with you on agreeing to disagree
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-23-2008, 11:29 PM Reply   
rustys 10 that water dork linked a few posts ago was absolutely, without question, STOMPED and LEGIT.

Dannys 1260 was legit as well, true it was not the prettiest landing.... but why point that out? He landed a 1260. a 1260.

A few days ago people were still stoked on landing a 1080, that not one has been landed in comp, that no one is even close to having one 1080 on lock...

But then... danny goes out and drops a bomb, 300 tries later, making history, and the wakeboarding community embarrasses itself by making LAME comments.

next time just say, "thank you Danny", and then the next set you take, try to go wake to wake switch toeside.... without spinning.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-24-2008, 7:29 AM Reply   
nicely said john. i dont know why people have to say one trick is sicker or compare the 12 to another trick or any other bs. just congratulate danny and share the stoke with everyone. if the 12 wasnt a big deal he wouldnt have tried it over 300 times and it wouldnt have gotten the STANDING O that it got. so dont hate unless you can do one better.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-24-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
Congratulations to Harf!

Hopefully if he sees this post, he only reads the 1st 10 or so, then skips over the next 150, and reads these last couple....
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-24-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
in this months allaince mag it talks about internet arguing. Its talks about wakeboarding forums were people argue over the internet and the pro riders watch and laugh.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-24-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
FYI Danny has already read this thread......
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       09-25-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
Message boards are web 2.0 and harshing them is an aged concept. Yeah, people have screen names, but at least they have to register under SOMETHING, and you do develop a persona and you can gain some credibility under it, or you can become a complete kook and people will recognize you as that. If you want to be involved in some fashion, you will have to own what you say at some point in time, even if you don't use your real name on here. eventually you WILL meet people off of this site...

Message boards create a community, are interactive and bring people together. Magazines are awesome and I love them, but they don't do that at all. It's a one way exchange of information. I have not met riding buddies from a print magazine or anything like that. My "multimedia for journalists" professor is actually a member of a texas tech web community, or something like that. they talk about texas tech football and such, but the community grew similar to the other message boards in wakeboarding--you have sub forums where this community talks about other similar interests. it's the same thing as what wakeworld and other similar wake-oriented communitys have grown into. I'm sure on the football forum, there are air heads and there are thoughtful people--just like what we have here.

Anyway, sorry for the split in content, but since it came up I wanted to say something.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-25-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
well said "the not so naked chef"...if that is your real name.

can i add that if you can't put your name beside everything you type then you are as much of a keyboard cowboy as Joe Umali, Joe Umali Sr., etc...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-25-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
But that's Joe's name. His driver's license says so. He just has his WW hooked up to his phone and can drop dimes any time he wants.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-25-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
i agree with mr hahn this thread was to share the stoke of the 1260 not say it wasnt clean or compare it to another trick. i just have to say congrats to danny for like the 5th time. and to all the critics out there, why does every critic have to critique someone and critisize them for sh@t they cant do? so like steven said go take a set
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-25-2008, 12:12 PM Reply   
Big Heavy, i think you missed the point.it was a comparison. most ppl. who get all worked up and defensive/aggressive/super-posters/etc.. on this site don't have real names...I understand that Joe is his name, and I give him props for puttin his own name, cuz he says some silly now and again. hahah i joke, i kid!
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       09-25-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
derek, I feel OK about it. As I said in my post, you will meet people off of this site at some point in time. My screen name is more about privacy than anything. That's also why I don't sign my articles for the site I actually work for. I pretty much do everything I can to keep myself off of the internet. Beyond that, I've met numerous people off of this site and other sites...some how these boards were pretty much the start for me. It's how I met people like paco de la torre back in 02, and a bunch of other riders; riders who have opened up their houses to me when I began to attend the expo a few years back.

So even though I may not want YOU to know my name, those who need to know, know.

beyond that, I think I have built up a level of credibility with this keyboard cowgirl screen name. HOLLA!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-25-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
Last time I checked Derek, Joe stands behind everything he posts....
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-25-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
this kids alwasy stirrin up some sort of mess on this board.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-25-2008, 12:41 PM Reply   
smart move electric snow. Sometimes I wish I had done the same. I ended up in ackward situations by being open about who I am.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-25-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
uhh yeah Steve, thats what I said! i also said "i joke, i kid" it was a friendly poke at Joe...
some of you ppl. are like internet Nazis, I'm not stirring anything up, in fact, I would say quite the opposite. Do I stir up some mess on here? I don't think so, I come here to discuss with my peers and learn more about what is going on in the sport. I don't pull any punches,and i voice my opinion if thats what you mean...
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-25-2008, 1:01 PM Reply   
Is joe on vacation or something? I'm starting to get withdrawals.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-25-2008, 1:02 PM Reply   
so anyways... props to danny
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-25-2008, 2:24 PM Reply   
He's not on vacation. He's just over dealing with jokers like Derek.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-25-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
hahahahahah
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-25-2008, 3:50 PM Reply   
Steven,
Great to see you doing a very good job representing our sport as well as it's media, athletes, etc.
Grow up man, you have found yourself in a position to have a positive influence on wakeboarding while reaching the masses, yet choose to saddle up and call people out on a discussion board.IMHO, you are shedding a negative light on yourself and the great magazine you represent. All I have ever done here is voice my opinion amongst all of the other opinions, does that make me a joker? To each there own I guess and atleast your fan club (jr) is loving it. I guess I'd rather be a joker than a joke. Maybe its time to re-read the quote on your profile...
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-25-2008, 4:30 PM Reply   
This thread makes me want to vomit, seriously. If many of you could see how you come off arguing like you do, well.......

I wish I could see the trick, seems like it should be posted somewhere.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-25-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
its on foxs website
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-25-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
derek give it up man stop starting sh#t with someone who is actually in the industry. just forget it he wasnt only talking about you he was talking about all the jokers on here. just give it a rest cuz i am sure everyone is tired of reading this crap. yes he called out the people who were ripping danny on this thread about his trick not being clean or another trick being better. who f@#king cares, if you wanted to start a thread comparing tricks then you can say whatever you would like about the 1260 danny threw and compare it to any trick you would like. this thread was started to share the stoke with everyone about the sickest trick to date being landed, so share the stoke or shut the f@#k up. we are tired of hearing it i know i am
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-25-2008, 8:22 PM Reply   
seriously....

all pros are on this message board. danny should be stoked so many people are happy for him.... while at the same time use the constructive or negitive comments to progress his riding.

now.... for example only... if one was to say that a certain photog was a half assed photographer or that some of his shots are worthy of only the local newspaper... it might push him to progress his work to that of letchworth, meddock, etc....

now... as a rider who has been fortunate enough to have photos published in all 3 magazines... i can say that if someone was giving me constructive criticism or being negative towards my riding... it would only serve as a catalyst to push me harder.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-25-2008, 8:30 PM Reply   
i understand adam but that isnt why this thread was created. i mean how many other pro riders or any other riders for that matter can do a 1260? the answer is none so dont hate
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-25-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
no hate. i love everyone.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-25-2008, 8:54 PM Reply   
understood
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-25-2008, 8:56 PM Reply   
the thing is that... its a 1260...

i think its funny that we, the not nearly as talented, are giving danny harf constructive criticism on the first 12 anyone has ever done... we are trying to push him? after 300 tries on one trick i think its safe to say that he is pushing himself enough and doesnt need some random forum users advice

was it sketchy...yes...was it legit... in my mind also yes...was it completely rediculous...HELLS YES!!!
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-26-2008, 6:28 AM Reply   
i agree watedork the guys on here giving constructive criticism have no room to say anything to danny about this trick. there is no need for constructive criticism, the only people who can do that are the guys in pointless or the guys who have landed a 10. all others arent qualified enough to give any kind of criticism. and why would he need to be criticized i am sure danny knows what he needs to do to perfect that trick, but come one its a freaking 12 give the guy a break. give him a couple of months and it will be stomped so all the critics on here can be happy. although i am sure he isnt gonna do it just to please the as$#oles on here who criticize someone about something they are nowhere near doing.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-26-2008, 6:44 AM Reply   
LET IT GO ALREADY!!!!!

It's only wakeboarding.........
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-26-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
Derek, I was only agreeing with your previous comment on being a joker. Lighten up. On a more positive note, I had the opportunity to shoot Greg Necrasson this morning. It was nice to see him back on the water. Definitely one of my favorite riders to watch.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-26-2008, 9:49 PM Reply   
i'm jealous
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-26-2008, 9:57 PM Reply   
Mikker tore it up as well. The old guys are holdin it down for sure!
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2008, 1:37 AM Reply   
necrasson is a legend..... amazing.