Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (spoondog)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-31-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
I know most don't like to give up information on their riding spots but if you could let me know where the best spots to ride at Berryessa is. I usually go to Berryessa once a year or so when we go camping and can never find any good water. PM me if you don't want to post publicly where you ride. Thanks!
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-31-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
Anywhere before 9 am! After that it is a ZOO.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-31-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
even though the lake is huge, on a weekend you will find no good water.

as jeff said, its a ZOO

it might start calming down since the trailers are going away
Old     (spoondog)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-31-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
I guess we'll be ridin early. Always helps with the hangovers anyways. Thanks fellas.
Old     (rainey)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-31-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
Go out early. Head for the dam. The canyon is steeper and will block some of the wind. By noon it will be white caps. Have fun.
Old     (braap13)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-31-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
Yeah you won't find any good water on the weekends.
Stay in the narrows by the dam and you might get lucky.
Also, you could go in skier's cove about halfway between spanish flat area and the entrance to the narrows. There are signs that you need a permit, to enter but it is always nice water back there.
Just be prepared to get yelled at if club the skiers come.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-31-2008, 12:36 PM Reply   
braap, bad idea.

respect the guys that pay for the good water
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-31-2008, 3:33 PM Reply   
I ride there all the time. During the weekend I get up at 6:30 to avoid the crowds and usually go out again during the evening. During the week you can usually find good water in the narrows. There is a spot where the lake bends 90 degrees, as the wind change the flat water will follow. When all else fails I have one other spot in the narrows is always flat. I am reluctant to divulge it here, but PM me and I will fill you in.
Old     (braap13)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-31-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
mitch,
Good point. You could buy a day use permit to use the ski course area. I am pretty sure you can buy them at most of the resorts.
I have seen boarders using the area and the dock. I am not sure if they were members of the ski club or not.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-31-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
On weekends, forget the narrows...there is another secret spot not many know about...but i'll let ya know...go past the 2nd bridge, youll hit a 5mph zone, keep going past that and it opens back up. there is a decent sized cove protected by the cliffs there...straight butta...most people dont go there cuz it takes a lot of gas just to get there.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-31-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
I use the skii club too every now and then, but only if no skiiers are there...its not great for wakeboarding though, its too small