Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    skihardkore            06-28-2004, 4:38 PM Reply   
I'm thinking of a pioneer free air sub in the kick panel at the driver's feet in my '01 Toyota v-drive. Is free air even worth the money? i was thinking of going with free air because of it's simplicity. I'm not looking for lake shaking bass....just some more bass from my stock system. Also, my boat has 4 speakers. two in cabin, two in bow...i'm thinking of putting two on the dash along with the sub...good idea? and how should i wire the two new dash speakers if i'm only using the deck for amplification?
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-28-2004, 5:50 PM Reply   
free air is a waste of time and money.
Old    skihardkore            06-28-2004, 5:53 PM Reply   
why
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-28-2004, 6:20 PM Reply   
adire shiva is the best for free air.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-28-2004, 7:19 PM Reply   
http://www.decware.com/secrets3.htm
never been in a toyota boat. so i dont know about the room situation. but surely there is enough room to build a small enclosure. like a wedge shape @ the drivers feet. try ikesound.com youll definetly be happier.you never know when you might want to shake the lake! what deck u runnin?
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       06-29-2004, 7:43 AM Reply   
wakeman, for what it's worth, i first ran my sub free air in the kick panel and was very unhappy with it, no hit, not very loud, just poor sound altogether. i later built an enclosure around it, now it hits hard, super loud and clean, much happier.
Old    skihardkore            06-29-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
so if i buy a free air sub and install it and i'm not happy, i can build an enclosure around the same speaker? i'm running the stock kenwood unit...45w x 4. it's not the greatest but it is fine for now.
Old    whitechocolate            06-29-2004, 1:55 PM Reply   
882001 is correct. I agree with him total waste of time/money. I think its funny how its called a free air sub to make it sound better than what it realy is, a board with a sub attached to it.
Old    whitechocolate            06-29-2004, 1:58 PM Reply   
BTW Im sure you can go to the local stereo shop and find a few pre made boxes that will fit in your boat. They are cheep Like $35 and work great.
Check E-bay if your not a box builder there is people on there that will build you a box to your spec's fully carpeted with speaker connections ect for a great price
Old    skihardkore            06-29-2004, 3:02 PM Reply   
ok thanks everyone.