Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    chasejames11            08-07-2005, 2:44 PM Reply   
About two hours ago i was wakeboarding and hit a double up with too little speed i got lots of hight but no distance anyway i came down right on the top of the left wake. I heard my knee pop and it twisted left about 45 degrees anyway i cant go to the doc till tomorrow or tuesday my question is has this happend to anyone? how long will i be out. will it ever be 100 percent. just wondering cause i love wakeboarding and i dont wanna have to give it up. Ill probably have to get over a mental block once i do get back out there
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-07-2005, 4:30 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear about your injury, thats sucks more than most people know. Last summer, the day before fall semester I blew my ACL and MCL going wake to wake. I was just tired, and I guess and got sloppy. I have been boarding for years so this was depressing to me. The good news is, it can be fixed, and you can get back close to 100%, but your right, the mental block is the hardest to get over. I never did get over the mental block. I would hate to go through all of the pain, surgery and rehab again. In doing research, any sport in which you are binded to a board is extremely stressful on the knees. This includes, in particular wakeboarding and snowboarding. I picked up the sport of wakeskating this summer, and it is less stressful on the knees than wakeboarding. Don't get me wrong, you can really hurt yourself wakeskating, but at least it takes out the binding factor. I have a renewed love for the sport, and I am stoked as hell to be back behind a boat. Hopefully you can get over the mental block and get 100% recovery. Good luck and don't give up, there are other board sports out there that are just as fun!
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-07-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
wow.... my dad kinda just did that about 3 weeks ago. he did a 180 and landed with his front leg locked..... he said it "POPED", his knee was swolen like a mother. the doctor said he tore his acl, mcl and other thingsd, but when he got an MRI it turned out to be his bones. he fractured his tibula and femer... thats a good thing... hes going to try ridding on friday... but if you tore a lig.... ur screwed.. long recovery... so hope its a bone break

HAVE FUN!!!!!
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-09-2005, 12:11 AM Reply   
the mental block is awful... so is the lack of regaining full range of motion :-( good luck, hopefully it isn't too bad