Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (24_ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2007, 5:56 AM Reply   
I currently have a 4 Channel amp running my 10" sub (2 channels bridged) and 2 tower speakers. I just purchased an additional 4 channel amp to run my interior speakers, but there are 6 speakers. How should I hook the amp up to the interior speakers? I was thinking to make it simple I would just not amp the 2 speakers in the bow since no one really rides up there anyway and just let them be powered by the deck. I there another solution?
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2007, 6:08 AM Reply   
Either not amp a pair, or run 2 pair parallel @ 2 ohms if your amp is stable @ 2 ohms.
Old     (24_ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2007, 6:11 AM Reply   
If I run 2 parallel, won't those 4 speakers be getting less power than the 2 that are not run parallel? Sorry if I sound ignorant, but I do not know a lot about stereos. Also, is it important that I hardwire the speakers or can I just splice in to the existing wires?

Thanks
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
yes, your amp's manual will tell you the output. On most it will be within a few watts. Better to hardwire, but it isn't a necessity. It would be more pro of you to do it that way though.

(Message edited by Olskooltige on May 22, 2007)