Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-08-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
in your oppinion. whats the best board brand. give your reasons to
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-08-2008, 4:24 PM Reply   
Hydroslide -- Affordable board for the advanced rider
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-08-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
are you serious or are you kidding?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-08-2008, 5:09 PM Reply   
Tubelite, only because boards need to be invisible to function, kinda like a super hero. Moose comes in a close second, while not invisible, you can't argue with a handcrafted shred stick. Discuss.
Old     (62lincoln)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-08-2008, 5:54 PM Reply   

GATOR BOARDS OF COURSE
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-08-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
slingshot... buy one and you will never be let down, even if it breaks they will go above and beyond to fix it.

best overall experience I have ever had with a company, wake or not, in my life.
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-08-2008, 7:09 PM Reply   
Ronix all the way
but nick i havent rode a slingshot yet and ive heard amazing things about them
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-08-2008, 7:21 PM Reply   
ive ridden liquid force, hyperlite, and cwb.... i hate hyperlite and cwb's boards. so i ride lf.

and ive never ridden slingshot. and ive seen some pictures of ronix gear just ripping apart. so i dont want to invest in something that might break
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-08-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
oh forgot reasons...ronix rules because their bindings are super comfortable, supportive, and responsive. Plus their boards are smooth and easy to use, but agressive enough to charge the wake and really go for broke.
So basically ronix gives me the opportunity to just worry about what im doing and the board gives me no limitations.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-08-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
ya tahts tight. ive seen pictures of the bindings ripping off the board. or the bindings falling apart. but ive heard they are hella comfortable. arnt they heat molded to your foot?
my shane bindings fit my feet perfectly. they give me awesome support. and i love the lyman because it has really small fins. board is locked in solid but i can still slide it
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-08-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
yeah i have seen the bindings rip off the board too, but it hasnt happened to me, and the people who it has happend too got brand new ones within days. so customer service is great...they can be heat molded but it just eliminates the breaking in period which only takes about 3 sets due to the intuition liner being nice and soft.
My covin used to be super locked in and i didnt like it but i got crafty and put fins from a hyperlite wakeskate on it and i couldnt possibly as for a better board.
Ive ridden the lyman and the covin with the different fins feels kinda like the lyman except it pops higher, and it feels more controlled, rather than a crazy rocket ship of a board.
but dont get me wrong the lyman is a great board.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-08-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
lol alright. ya the lyman doesnt get great pop. its a flats board just as everyone says. my dad has the watson. and ive ridden both and the watson gets way more pop
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-08-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
I second the tubelite.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-08-2008, 8:12 PM Reply   
tubelite? ive never heard of them. i saw a picture of a board. its the weirdest things ive ever seen. have you actually ridden one?
i prolly sound stupid but ive never seen or heard of it
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-08-2008, 8:54 PM Reply   
are you kidding me.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-08-2008, 9:32 PM Reply   
stop starting threads...hydroslide ftw
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       11-08-2008, 10:30 PM Reply   
BURTON
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-09-2008, 1:30 AM Reply   
moose wakeboards FTMFW
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-09-2008, 6:14 AM Reply   
i'm lovin' obrien. their boards and bindings are awesome. the natural and the player are incredible...speed, tracking/looseness, pop, forgiving landing...they have it all. their customer service is great as well.

slingshot is pretty dope too. they are definitely a company who knows how to treat their customers right. their bindings are without a doubt the most comfortable out there.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-09-2008, 6:45 AM Reply   
I don't know about the rest of the O'Brien boards but as Jay stated above the Player and Natural have it all imo. Are you just asking for opinions on wakeboards or are we talking wakeskates too ?
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-09-2008, 6:52 AM Reply   
both
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-09-2008, 7:23 AM Reply   
I am with Jrod

Lyman does pop big it is all in the rider.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-09-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
We should set up a 'separate' discussion room (like audio,video and boat etc.) for repeat questions like this that have no real focus. We could make them 'sticky' so they would never go away. For example: "Which board do you think is the best?" Followed by one that even gets more bitter..."Which boat do you think is the best?" We could even get creative and add questions like "Which women are the hottest, blondes, brunettes, or redheads?"

Sorry, but these threads bother me because I know I don't have to read them, and yet I still do.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-09-2008, 11:47 AM Reply   
eeeewwwww gingers
Old    K.B.C.            11-09-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
All of the major brands make comprable products. It all comes down to personal preference. None are really "better"
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-09-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
And therein lies the inanity of threads like this.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-09-2008, 1:20 PM Reply   
The hands down best brand is the one where they make boards that ride in the water behind a boat.
Old    murrayair            11-09-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
Murray rides for Hyperlite, so they're the best. Duh!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-09-2008, 4:08 PM Reply   
I'm a big fan of any board that comes from Menards. However Lowes is creeping up on them. Word on the street is that Lowes is coming out with a super light 2x4 that has a maple core. It'll be super snappy.
I used to totally support Fleet Farm's boards... until i bought one and it broke the first time i used it. Really poor quality. They sell some awesome flannel though.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-10-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
Moose, haha. Thats funny. Their website still is from 1994ish I think. Anyone remember Core Boards?
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-10-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
Anyone that gets a new rider on the water!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-10-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
ANYTHING other than Obrien and CWB as the over-excited brand pushers on these boards actually turn me off from trying them!
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-10-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
This questions could start a war.... HYPERLITE!!!!!
Old     (jswake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-10-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
Slingshot! hands down, the flex is sick and they pop so big! Plus, the boots all have liners and are way comfortable!
Old     (cmcathy1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       11-10-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
I'm a Hyperlite/Byerly fan. Byerly Monarch is my favorite.

(Message edited by cmcathy1 on November 10, 2008)
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-10-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
I prefer CWGatO'BrierliLFix.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-10-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
the un-matched standard warranty hyperlite offers makes them the leader in my book. I have heard that other brands will replace boards out of warranty, but hyperlites STANDARD warranty beats all. This combined with thier technological advancements, constant progression on board shapes, and all adaptations along the way make them the leader and creator of our loved sport.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-10-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
http://www.hyperlite.com/warranty.phtml

I don't know that warranty is pretty hard to understand. It answered very few of my questions. Portuguese?
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-10-2008, 1:52 PM Reply   
IMO, I think a good brand would be one that is backed by a good post-sales customer service support. I see people are posting up brands they they ride, but why is it the best?
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-10-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
The hyperlite site is brand new we are working very hard to get all the bugs fixed. The link you posted above is in latin and it just a space saver, it has nothing to do with hyperlite's warranty.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-10-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
I know Riley, just having a little fun. I was curious as to what the warranty really was like and came across a page of gibberish (at least to me).
Old     (cmcathy1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       11-11-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
Obviously post sale customer service is important, but just because someone will replace a broken board doesn’t make them the best. The way a board performs should be more important than the company’s willingness to replace it. I’m not a pro and haven’t ridden a lot of different board brands. But I like Hyperlite because they make solid boards and they have a board for any riding style.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-14-2008, 1:25 PM Reply   
Here's why I like Liquid Force.
1. Tony Finn and Jimmy Redmond. Tony started it all and Jimmy is a shaping machine
2. The team. All but one of my favorite riders ride for LF
3. The company's willing to let the rider form their own path and not put all their thoughts into contests only. They have the best of all worlds.
4. I really like the way they ride. I'm not saying that I don't like the others but having ridden LF boards, its what I like.
5. Ever since I got into wakeboarding I wanted a liquid force board, I can't really remember why, I just wanted one really bad, and when I finally got one it was the greatest thing I've ever been on because it was like a dream come true.

On the other hand I have much love for all the companies as they all represent the feeling of being on the water and doing what we all love.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-14-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
If I didn't ride LF boards I think I would ride a Gator as I really like the thought of helping out a smaller business. Not like any wakeboard company is a monster when it comes to the action sports world, but Gator is as real as it gets.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-14-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
If you like helping out a small or start up business ride RONIX! Big name riders, big name shapers, and small roots mentality.
Old     (jswake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-14-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
As soon as slingshot made the flex boards so did every other wakeboard company. Slingshot made flex and all the other flex boards from all the other companies are knock off's end of story
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       11-14-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
ronix is rad for sure
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       11-14-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
Eubanks, this is just for you
CWB,CWB,CWB,CWB,CWB,CWB,CWB,CWB,CWB,CWB,CWB,CWB,CW B
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-14-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
QUOTE:

"By Loren (helix_rider) on Sunday, November 09, 2008 - 9:17 am:

We should set up a 'separate' discussion room (like audio,video and boat etc.) for repeat questions like this that have no real focus. We could make them 'sticky' so they would never go away. For example: "Which board do you think is the best?" Followed by one that even gets more bitter..."Which boat do you think is the best?" We could even get creative and add questions like "Which women are the hottest, blondes, brunettes, or redheads?"

Sorry, but these threads bother me because I know I don't have to read them, and yet I still do. "

Hahahahhahahahaha

LOVE IT!

AND ALSO:

QUOTE:

By WakeViolater (wakeviolater) on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 12:07 pm:

the un-matched standard warranty hyperlite offers makes them the leader in my book. I have heard that other brands will replace boards out of warranty, but hyperlites STANDARD warranty beats all. This combined with thier technological advancements, constant progression on board shapes, and all adaptations along the way make them the leader and creator of our loved sport.

-Dont want to be a brand basher but as Far as I know they (hype) doesnt have a the }}Rail Warranty that O'brien has.

You all know my VOTE:

O'BRIEN RULES!

I do hate these thread - they cause hate and I am all about fun!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-14-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
these threads are nearly as bad as game console threads.

Everyone knows my favorite! SLINGSHOT
do i mention it all the time? YES!
BUT i always keep an open mind and love to look what the entire industry has to offer, especially around our favorite time of year when the weather threatens our favorite past-time/sport,... and THE Surf Expo comes to save us from insanity. I love new wake tech, even if it is just a new graphic. It fascinates me! This also helps me to help other people getting into wakeboarding. Tell them what's available ya know.
'Course, i always have to mention Slingshot and the rising popularity of flex tech.

I am sure a lot of you are the same. Support everything but particularly highlight certain things
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-15-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
ANY BOARD MADE IN THE USA...of course....that would be Hyperlite d.i.n.e series, top end CWB, slingshot, company wakeboards. I support state made boards. I carry that slant only because my job along many others are getting replaced by outsourcing.
Old     (king_of_the_wake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-17-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
go with the ronix one it is light but agressive
Old     (craigr)      Join Date: May 2007       11-17-2008, 6:36 PM Reply   
mark another one down for slingshot!!
Old     (gregdreambig)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-02-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
I like LF and Ronix. I used to have an 05 LF Evo and I am riding a 08 Ronix Vault now. LF was a great beginner board and very forgiving. My ronix board is awesome! Tracks well pops well.....just plain rides well!
Old     (brendonwilmoth)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-03-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
go with ronix or slingshot i rode a slingshot response last season but i just pre ordered a new 09 ronix arcade by bill board!
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-04-2008, 11:15 AM Reply   
For me its not about brand... its about a loose three stage... There are boards of all different brands that I like. As far as there being one brand that makes the best boards reguarless of whether or not I like the style... it does not exist.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       12-04-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
"As soon as slingshot made the flex boards so did every other wakeboard company. Slingshot made flex and all the other flex boards from all the other companies are knock off's end of story"

Uhhhh. I'm pretty sure the Roam was around long before slingshot got into the wake scene....

(Message edited by steezyshots on December 04, 2008)
Old    wiz            12-04-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
slingshot.......the roam isnt comparable to a w2w flex board imo. it 's primarily for jibbing.
Old    sdahockey21            12-04-2008, 10:50 PM Reply   
Ronix. 09 does it for me.
Old    AWS            12-05-2008, 12:13 AM Reply   
SLINGSHOT! Got me back on a wakeboard again!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-05-2008, 12:19 AM Reply   
Roam was the first flex board that was mainstream...
slingshot came along and didn't perfect it but really stepped up with a flex board should be, every year more and more companies will jump on the bandwagon, they'll get better and better and someday will be perfect.

Slingshot rules
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       12-06-2008, 11:49 AM Reply   
A picture is worth 1000 words:
Upload
Need I say more.
Old     (goonie_d)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-08-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
Ronix mayne.

Finnaly a company that drops its money back into R&D instead of certain MARKETING conglomerates that got big fancy pants CEO's trying to rape the sport.

You can trust a company with Herb O'Brien at the helm. ;-) and not to mention some of the most influential riders throwin down their own ideas and shapes for the cause.

(Message edited by goonie_d on December 08, 2008)
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-08-2008, 9:19 PM Reply   
CWB my favorite and a for sure a purple Skurfer
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-13-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
hey joe what does FTMFW mean?
Does it mean ,"I have over 14,000 post but nobody will play catch me?"or does it mean
Fun The Most Fun Wakeboarding
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-14-2008, 5:21 AM Reply   
for the mother Fkin win