Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (kobedog21)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-20-2008, 6:23 AM Reply   
I just picked up an '02 V210 and had a couple questions regarding weighting. From what I have read so far, the v210 likes a lot weight in the front and use at least 700 lbs before weighting the back. I bought 240 lbs of pop bags and wanted to know where to place them to optimize my wake (nose, etc...)Also should I place all of the weight in the center and should it equally weighted on each side? The only other weight I will have for now is a 440lb sac for the bow. I'm planning on putting in a ballast system after the season. I'm pretty much a beginner, so not look for a huge wake at this time, but plan to progress with the new ride. thanks in advance for your feedback
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-20-2008, 6:50 AM Reply   
I put 300 lbs in each rear locker. (1) 440 lb sac on the back seat. (1) 440 lb sac in the bow and 500 lbs of lead spread out thru out. Add 4-5 bodies and your riding pretty low. Be careful of bow wash, I lost focus a few weeks ago and took one over the windshield. Sure glad I have 2 bilge pumps.
Old     (kobedog21)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-20-2008, 7:03 AM Reply   
Thanks. Do you trailer with the lead in the boat or do you take it out everytime.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-20-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
I take the lead out. (10) 50 lb bricks only take a few minutes to unload. Sometimes depending on the number of bodies, I don't even use the lead.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-20-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
Take the chain locker thingy out right in the nose and fill the space with pop bags. Any you can't get in there put evenly under the left and right bow seats. Fill the 440 in the isle. Job done. JTW's weight setup would be too much in the back for how we like the wake, but we prefer more transition & beef than peak and lip.

I carry 500-600 pounds of fixed weight, we leave it all in the boat but move 300 pounds down to the back of the cabin when we load on and off the trailer & for travel. 600hrs so far without problems.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-20-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
Oh, I guess I should say we normally roll with a crew of 5-6 and everybody sits in the cabin. If I had a smaller crew I would probably move some of the pop bags to the back of the v-drive lockers.
Old     (kobedog21)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-20-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
Darren - Thanks for the feedback. What happens to the wake if there is too much weight in the front? I typically roll with a smaller crew of 3-4 to max our time on the water.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-20-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
The wake will get smaller with less lip/pop. The weight bias will also depend a lot of what sort of style you ride with and how fast & how long a rope you like to ride. Generally speaking IMO the more advanced you become the rampier the wake you prefer and the longer the rope you will ride. No offence to those who like to ride slow with a short rope & steep wake!

The V210 wake is really nice but for me is always pushing up against the maximum steepness I prefer so I tend to run as much in the front I can without taking water in on the power down.