Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-08-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
I was looking at the baseplate on my 08 ronix ones and thinking it wouldnt be too farfetched either fit a slingshot plate on there or modify the ronix one to fit the 4 hole pattern.
I want to get a response after christmas maybe but I like my ones.
I know I can just use the 2 hole but I heard it makes the flex not as substantial, I'm going to want the full effect if i'm paying that much for it.
Anyone do something similar?
Old     (sean7791)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-08-2008, 3:57 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure the board comes with both 4 hole and reguler holes. They should be ok on the slingshot board
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-08-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
I know that but it makes the board stiffer if you use the regular holes, the 4 hole is better
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-08-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
with slingshot boots you lose 8 inches of flex (4 inches per boot) [about 5.5% of board's flex length lost]
using the traditional inserts you will lose 16 inches at the most (8 inches per boot) [about 12% at most]
just so you know the #'s

You will still be able to benefit from the flex even when using the traditional mounting, especially when considering that most of the flex in in the tip and tail

i know of no one who has modified boots to fit the 4-hole ss plate, but i know others have thought of the same. companies would be smart/cool if they would make their boots fit both styles. it WILL happen sooner or later in my opinion.

have you tried the SS boots? maybe you will like them more than you think?

If you truly don't like SS boots then maybe you will like the company boot despite its close resemblance to SS. OR, I imagine Humanoid Wake will have 4-hole boots as well. You can wait to try those too... just trying to point out your options.

but when it comes to modifying ronix boots... i am afraid that i think you will be on your own

---------------------------------------------------------------
maybe we should start a petition to ask all the companies to make the boots mountable to each style... only problem is that the earliest they can alow this change is 2010, because the 2009 lines are largely set in stone now ;)
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-08-2008, 8:26 PM Reply   
Well new ronix gear wouldnt be able to do it the ronix baseless system is so light they have it over everyone!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-08-2008, 11:24 PM Reply   
i was about to retire to bed and suddenly realized that my % calculations above are wrong. i forgot to make some conversions... anyway, i think college fried my brain more than it built it up. the other numbers i spilled are right, just ignore my stupid % calculations ^^^ ... and the mention of the petition is partially a joke...

(Message edited by wakerider111 on December 08, 2008)
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-09-2008, 1:34 PM Reply   
Jeremy,
Its not that I don't like slingshot bindings, I tried the D2s when i demoed the response. Its just I don't have the money to spend on an entirely new setup when i only recently got my ones.
Maybe I could look at getting the board after Christmas and wait until my birthday to get the bindings.
Who knows!

Tom

P.S. Someone should put a slingshot board on the christmas giveaway thread, I would be on it in a second and ready to post up my 08 CWB answers or my ipod Shuffle.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-09-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
you can pick up 07' Slingshot for dirtcheap these days....the 08' bindings will prob get cheaper too soon.... worth waiting for if you ask me