Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-13-2011, 4:27 PM Reply   
Well, I just pulled the trigger on a brand new 2011 Ski Supreme V226 Surf Series! I was sitting on my boat in the lake after wakesurfing this morning when Mark from Semper Speed and Marine called me to finalize the deal, so I actually bought a boat ON a boat!

I've been bouncing back and forth between the V226 and Enzo all year, and I just wanted to go with something I knew had a great wave that I surfed behind earlier this year with just the stock tanks and an 1100 lb surf sac in the port locker. I'll start with the same configuration but they'll be plumbing in the sac for me, and it's an easy upgrade to a custom sac when/if I feel the need? Hearing from several that the 230 didn't put off as good of a wave as the 240 was also discouraging because that's a BIG boat! The 22.5 feet on the V226 seems huge in comparison to the Enzos and I'm not that hot on the integrated ice chest in the aisle.

Getting it fully dialed in with stereo & ballast in Cali and having it shipped out to Albany NY, where I'll drive down from Burlington VT and swap him my 2006 Ski Supreme V220 for this new surf machine!

I'm a HUGE Bullet Audio fan, so I had to go with 4 new 770's (black cans with the chrome grills), dual Arc Audio amps, 10" sub & box. I plan to do some LEDs but since the season will be over by mid-October here, I'll save that for next Spring's project!

Here's a pic and link to the site, they'll start working on the upgrades next week and I'll pick it up in 2 weeks!

http://www.semperspeedandmarine.com/...sp?pov=2087236
Attached Images

Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-13-2011, 4:57 PM Reply   
nice to see the illusion tower back
Attached Images

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-13-2011, 8:17 PM Reply   
Surfed behind one this year with Chase Hazen, that is a killer surfing machine... I think they had the 1100 pd bag in the rear with 400 lbs of lead, we had 5 people in the boat and the wake was perfect.... congrats, and enjoy!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-14-2011, 8:07 AM Reply   
Going from a Supreme back to a Supreme,you must have been happy with the quality of your 2006.I love my 2007 V 212,good surf wake both sides and the wakeboard wake works fine for my ability.That's a great looking machine congrats.If I'm able to upgrade in the future this is the one.
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-14-2011, 11:49 AM Reply   
Travis, thanks for the reminder! I have a feeling you were out there at the Supreme Open as well (I rode in the clinic with Hazen behind the boat dialed in as you mentioned) - gonna see if the guys are willing to load up 400 lbs of lead sacs and ship them out on the boat with me, since shipping 50 lb sacs is pretty expensive on their own!). The lead sacs are amazing, so quick to move some weight around the boat as opposed to filling another sac!

Thanks Jay, definitely love the Supreme boats...the V220 was a good entry boat for me into the sport to learn how to wakesurf. I've met/spoke with Drew at Supreme several times, and he's just a solid guy that reps his product well...probably the main reason I stuck to the same brand! Just looking forward to a little LESS sac'ing out (right now I spend 20 minutes filling a 1100 lb L sac on the rear/port seat, 650 in the front + 155lb buddy sac, 750 in the rear (although that is plumbed in and fills up during the rest of this process!). I'm also looking forward to a much longer wave, and a tall gunwale (I fell inside the boat from getting in off the trailer fender when I checked them out in person in May!). I didn't need a touch screen or navigation, and for the money (even after the shipping costs), I'm feeling like I got a great deal! You can't find any of the 2011's left with the upgraded tower, and this one has the upgraded interior that will be on the 2012's.

Last edited by ReSession; 08-14-2011 at 11:54 AM. Reason: forgot to respond to Travis!
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-14-2011, 12:45 PM Reply   
Hey Greg Those lead sacks come from So Cal. Not sure if Mark can get them from Jared for you. You can ship them via USPS for I think 14.95 each bag. Let me know and I will get you the email of Jared if you need it. dennis@wake9.com
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-15-2011, 12:45 PM Reply   
love the boat!! So envious!!
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-15-2011, 2:39 PM Reply   
Thanks Dennis, I actually jacked Jared's email address from a previous thread on this forum and contacted him yesterday...400 lbs of lead sacks will be arriving at Semper Speed & Marine via custom delivery today and they'll just send them over to Vermont in the boat on the trailer! I'll use the money I saved in shipping to fill up (part of) the tank

Hopefully less than 2 weeks from now and I'll be breaking in the new boat!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-15-2011, 3:23 PM Reply   
congrats. take all the decals off and go naked.
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-16-2011, 7:48 AM Reply   
Greg, I delivered the lead at Semper last night. It's all ready to go! I was hoping to get a peak at your new pride and joy, but it was locked up inside.
Old     (Nova)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-16-2011, 7:57 AM Reply   
It's nice to see people from around where I live on this forum for a change. I assume you ride in Lake Champlain if you live in Burlington? I live in Plattsburgh and ride in there alot. Congrats on your new boat, have fun out there!
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-16-2011, 12:49 PM Reply   
Eric, THANKS BRO! So stoked I was able to time it right with Jared and have you bring up the sacs to them (that reminds me, gotta make that PayPal payment now!) - totally appreciate it!

Mike - I've kinda been trolling CenturionCrew for a few years (Supreme being the red-headed step-daughter of Centurion!), but my buddy Mike turned me on to this site and I'm excited to see so many people active here! Lake Champlain is where we're at, I moor in Malletts Bay and just made my first trip over to the Naked Turtle a few weeks ago (Class of '86 high school reunion was getting wild over there!).

If you're ever headed over to BTV, hit me up! Totally down to meet up with people of similar minds and interest!
Old     (Nova)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-17-2011, 10:49 AM Reply   
I love Mallets Bay, it's about a 20 minute ride via boat from my house (I live right on the lake near Valcour Island). Mallets is one of the few places on the entire lake where it's reasonabley flat all the time. And I love the Naked Turtle, great restaurant and we go there all the time. And no doubt I will! It's always good to meet new people in the area who are as lake-active as I am.
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-17-2011, 2:48 PM Reply   
Can't WAIT to check these out!
Attached Images

Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-17-2011, 3:15 PM Reply   
not bashing but seeing that you are into it.....those Sony's BLOWWW, I replaced mine right away with some Infinity's ( blue to match the boat scheme) that sound a gazillion time better and don't rust after the first day out. you will need spacers because any speaker that is worth anything is more than 1.75" deep and in the main cockpit that's all that will fit, I asked your buddy Drew Huff to just leave the Sony's out of mine and he said, well we only pay $17.50 for a pair, so there ya have it
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-17-2011, 5:29 PM Reply   
Drew, definitely swapping out the XBlowd's and keeping with the Bullet theme and 3 sets of the 770 coax's. I have all Bullets in my current boat, they've never failed me, plus I like to keep the components consistent. I have 2 pairs of the red/silver Sony's from my current boat sitting in a storage bin in the basement so I hear ya! I live in VT and by the time I break the boat in and get to surf a few weekends behind it, it goes into a garage mid-October and I don't see it for 6 months...IF I'm lucky and Spring comes early! So over the winter, I'll be ordering some additional stuff like new speakers, LEDs, and the likes. I wanted to make sure I had the tower taken care this season!

Last edited by ReSession; 08-17-2011 at 5:29 PM. Reason: forgot a word
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-20-2011, 6:15 AM Reply   
Looks like everything's installed...should be shipped on Monday/Tuesday, arriving out here on Friday or Saturday!
Attached Images

Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-20-2011, 5:47 PM Reply   
Holy pile of wires batman! I do envy your space in that rig though, looks roomy!
So is the additional ballast intake on the back for your add on sack in the port locker?
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-20-2011, 6:35 PM Reply   
Great looking boat. Glad to hear you got the lead too it will really make a difference. I would ask though on the exhaust pipes. On the Surf edition it's supposed to have the downturned outlet pipes. Perhaps they have those on order for you? Enjoy the boat it surfs great!
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-20-2011, 7:15 PM Reply   
Not sure if it makes much of a difference on the downturns or not, the just takes the exhaust bubbles a 5th of a second longer to hit the surface. The only thing about the ballast design on these is you cannot really fill while underway, have to be sitting still. I suppose you can suck exhaust gas up into the tanks as well but that should not matter much if it gets full and air is forced out.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-21-2011, 4:46 AM Reply   
I'll go ahead and ask the "inappropriate" question - how much did it cost before the audio upgrades?
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-21-2011, 10:51 AM Reply   
Jake - lots of wires but hopefully everything works as it should! I really like how you can access the storage areas from the bow, and the girls are looking forward to laying out in the front as well! Correct, I had a 4th ballast added for the 1100 lb surf sac in the rear port locker. Depending on how I like the wave 'out of the box', I may eventually decide to go with a custom sac? But my guess is that with the 1100 + the stock 250, the 400 lbs of lead, and the center 600, the wave should be pretty sick! We can also just quickly pull the surf sac from the port side and switch to starboard and just fill that with a tsunami, but I don't have many goofy riders in my crew. Definitely need to start surfing both sides more!

Packrat - you're correct about the exhaust tips but I kinda like the straight ones so I don't think I'll be swapping them out.

Nitrousbird - I don't mind sharing! 55k for the boat pre-audio/ballast upgrades - it was the last 2011 with the Illusion tower I could find on the market so I'm not sure if there's the same type of deals out there? And believe it or not, I actually made some decent coin on my trade-in (helps when you buy your boat on eBay from an inexperienced dealer at the height of the recession!).
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-22-2011, 6:40 PM Reply   
Don't get me wrong the straight ones are nice too it's just that the turned down ones are an option if you want the exhaust to be quieter.