Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old    falcon_v            03-10-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
I am thinking about going this route, how hard would it be for me to make my own.Where can I get the quick release for the wire. I am going to run 4 polk db691 6x9 at 4ohms so I also nead an amp that is 4ohm stable and 100 watts rms for each speaker. The wiring harness below is for only 2 speakers so I will nead one with four speaker wires so I can stay 4ohm, or no where to get the quick realese. And a good cheap amp what brand. Sorry for such along post. And thank you for helping.

Wakeboard Boat Tower Speaker Wiring Kit - Wakeboard Tower Accessories
Universal quick release wiring kit. Kit will fit all boat and tower models.
Price
$59.99

Upload
http://www.bulletlines.com/servlet/the-Wakeboard-Tower-Accessories-cln-Wakeboard-Tower-Speakers/Categories
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       03-10-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
Pretty easy to make your own with speaker wire and some heat shrink.

The connectors you need are called 'Speakon' and are made by Neutrik. If running 4 speakers you want the 8 pole versions.
Old    falcon_v            03-10-2008, 4:21 PM Reply   
bump
Old    falcon_v            03-10-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
Also what size of speaker wire for the (speakon) 12g 16g. And what amp cheap would be nice
Old    falcon_v            03-10-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
Is this what I nead male and female connetors just trying to be sure I purchase the right stuff. sorry about all the questions.
Upload
Upload
Old    falcon_v            03-10-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
waht amp should I go with.
Old    falcon_v            03-10-2008, 7:25 PM Reply   
please some help on the amp.
Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-10-2008, 8:11 PM Reply   
I am sure lots of people will chime in what they all like for amps. So you will get lots of opinions.

As for me, I am sold on the Alpine PDX line. They run very true to the listed RMS and very cool.

The PDX 100.4 is rated @ 100x4 RMS ( if that is all you want) and can be had for a very good price online with a bit of searching. They also have a 150x4 and 150X2 in the multi channel line.

Good luck.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-10-2008, 8:18 PM Reply   
Second the PDX 100.4
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-11-2008, 12:21 AM Reply   
You can find all the parts you need to wire your tower at Parts Express. This is what I used to wire my tower the cable is 8 conductor 13 gauge wire. Was able to pull through tower real easy. wire is just under 1/2" so use a 1/2" grommet to protect wire from tower when you drill the hole.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=100-491
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       03-11-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
Chris,

Yup those are the connectors you need.

I'd use 12ga wiring all round.

I've worked in the marine industry for some time and have never found amps I like more than the Kicker units. Kickers provides great build quality, reliability and sound quality - I've only ever had 1 unit fail on me... and I have sold ALOT of them over the years...
Old     (jjct1)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-23-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
Seems like eBay might be the best route for this? connectors alone from partsexpress are $25.
Old     (mallardhunter83)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-23-2008, 6:13 PM Reply   
i ordered connector from newark.com. I had to buy the both connectors, backshells, pins, sockets to build them. they are not easy to build but look a lot better than the ones i have saw on ebay. The one i built looks similar to one sold at http://www.bosswake.com/index.php. If anyone wants info on what part numbers i used, i would be glad to help
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
I wired my tower yesterday and it took me 6 hours to get my wires through to my amp...what ever wire you get and whenever you do it, my advice is to be VERY VERY patient.. : )