Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (dgil235)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-05-2014, 6:21 AM Reply   
I'm in the process of buying a new boat this week and have narrowed my choices down to 2. 2014 MC X-30 and 2014 CC SAN G23. I've pretty much made up my mind which one my wife and I are going to get, but I'm interested in getting some feedback on some issues I've had with the MC dealer. They have been EXTREMELY pushy, using tactics like 'someone just took the boat you're interested in on a test drive', sending me a pic via text with the boat hooked up behind a truck and saying 'sales guy getting ready to take boat on test drive with customer', telling me they were down to their last X-30 when in fact they had at least 2 left, things like that. None of that stuff at all with the Nautique dealer. I guess you guys can kinda guess which one is my first choice!

The absolute kicker for me was this: they have had this particular X-30 in their inventory for a while and when I was looking at it, asked how many hours were on it. The salesperson said, 'well, we haven't used it as a demo or anything, just for test drives. It only has about 20 hours on it'. WHAT? I was in a little shock. Yes, I realize it has never been titled so it is by definition a 'new' boat, but to me a boat with 20 hours is used. Absolutely. No questions. Then, the salesperson continues to tell me how MC extensively tests all their boats coming off the assembly line and EVERY MC has AT LEAST 8 HOURS on it when it arrives at the dealer. I just said 'really' because I just couldn't believe what I was hearing and was in shock. I know they test their boats, but for 8 hours? I don't think so. Have you guys ever heard that about MC or any other manufacturer? I sure haven't and I've been a boat owner for 14+ years, have bought several new boats, and none of the new ones had more than 1 or 2 hours at the most. Definitely not 8. I would love to hear your thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc. Thanks for your feedback!