Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-03-2009, 7:12 AM Reply   
Does anybody have some suggestions on a cheaper kids board. This would be for my niece (8 years old) and my nephew (6 years old).

They aren't looking to spend much money so they definitely aren't looking to get brand new gear. I know there are some boards in the 109 range but I didn't know if that would be a size to fit them both.

Thanks!
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-03-2009, 7:24 AM Reply   
Hype Motive is a good kids board. I think it comes as small as 109.
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-03-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
Taylor has a pair of new micro bindings and a used 2006 star 124 if you are interested. I mentioned this to another prson also but they have not responded
Scott
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-03-2009, 12:02 PM Reply   
How much for the board Taylor, and what size are the bindings? It might take some talkin' to in order to get my nephew to ride a girl's board!
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-03-2009, 12:54 PM Reply   
Just tell him all the pro's are doing it.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-03-2009, 1:42 PM Reply   
The LF star/nemisis series is what i recommend most people. the main feature that makes it great for kids is the variable edge. it has a softer rail in the center so they dont catch their edge easier and it helps make surface spins easier. also it comes with a shorter fin then the cwb and hyperlite kids boards so it makes it easier for the kids to break it loose for surface spins but the fin has a long base so it still tracks great.

when i worked at a shop we sold way more of the lf kids combos then the other brands. most parents chose the lf other then the variable edge because of how much easier the boots were for the kids to get on by themselves while still having support, room to grow, and comfort. the cwb kids boots are good, but almost no little kid could do the hinge by their self
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-03-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
Thanks for your help Mitch. I'm pursuing a couple of the Star boards and hopefully one of them will work out. Thanks!
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-03-2009, 6:15 PM Reply   
Eubanks did you get the pic?
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-04-2009, 6:32 AM Reply   
http://picasaweb.google.com/glenburk/LiquidForceStar118#

$150 shipped

its is a 118 with Micros
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-04-2009, 6:52 AM Reply   
Taylor - Yes, thank you. I've sent you an email.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-04-2009, 7:39 AM Reply   
I don't know much about the Star board, but the Motive is a great kids board and comes in a lot of different sizes. Personally I would go with the 119 instead of the 109, or whatever the equivalent would be in the Star. I will definitely last you a little longer and is going to be a bit more stable. We typically size all beginners up a little, even kids.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-04-2009, 7:50 AM Reply   
CHECK YOUR LOCAL SHOP... THE REPS WILL BE ABLE TO HELP YOU OUT... OR IF THERE IS A BOAT SHOW COMING TO YOUR AREA... CHECK THEM ALL OUT, YOU HAVE TIME... ANOTHER IDEA - CRAIG'S LIST.. JUST GET THEM OUT ON THE WATER DON'T PUSH THEM... LET THEM HAVE FUN! ALOHA