Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    kbsmith88            05-30-2004, 12:26 PM Reply   
I got a 03 4-trac for x-mas, but due to the cold I hadn't been able to take it out till a few weeks ago. Now after only 2 sessions, and no kickers/sliders hit, the paint is starting it crack and flake off. Whats the deal?! I didn't pay $100 to have it start falling apart after less than 4 hours worth of riding. Is this a regular problem for cassettes?

(Message edited by kbsmith88 on May 30, 2004)
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       05-31-2004, 9:03 PM Reply   
Mine looks like it's 100 years old. I've maybe ridden it 30 times, the paint started cracking a peeling after the first time out. I'm going to sand, paint and seal it sometime soon. Here's a crappy pic of it.

Old    kbsmith88            05-31-2004, 9:48 PM Reply   
Mine is far from that. I think zI will probably do the same after mine starts getting real bad. Do you use any type of oil or water treatment on the board to keep water out of the wood?
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-01-2004, 4:25 PM Reply   
My o3 4-track is doing the same thing. I guess they had sealing issues
Old    kbsmith88            06-01-2004, 4:41 PM Reply   
Supposedly it the paint holds better with the 04s, but that doesn't help me out a bit.
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       06-05-2004, 7:37 PM Reply   
cool