Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-07-2013, 3:09 AM Reply   
Looking to get a go pro but having a hard time trying to decide. Was looking at either the hero 2 surf edition or Hero 3 silver. I am by no means a pro when it comes to editing and things like that if it means anything. Looking to use it for wakeboarding, wake surfing, snowmobiling, and then any other cool things I can think of. Any help would be appreciated as I don't mind spending some more money to upgrade from one to the other if I can justify it being worth it. Thanks
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-08-2013, 1:44 PM Reply   
If your trying to decide between those two models, definitely the Hero 3 Silver. It is basically the same camera spec wise as the Hero 2 but it is smaller, better optics underwater, and has built in WiFi..

The Black is where its at though IMO... frame rate and resolution choices are much better
Old     (Rockinrhino)      Join Date: Nov 2012       05-08-2013, 3:21 PM Reply   
+1 for Hero 3 Black
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-09-2013, 1:13 PM Reply   
I thought I read that the Hero 3 was having some hardware issues? I have the Hero 2 motorsports edition and love it.

Just so you know video editing is another part of the equation that people leave out. If you want at lease half way decent videos, be prepared to do some basic editing. Also, make sure your computer can handle the editing as well.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-09-2013, 1:20 PM Reply   
Editing software recommendations for PC?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-09-2013, 3:59 PM Reply   
Go with the newest version. They have already cut back if not completely stopped making accessories for the first couple versions. Went in to my local shop today to grab another shell for my hero 2 and they didn't have any. They said they can't get anything for the older gens anymore
Old     (cougarfan83)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-09-2013, 7:43 PM Reply   
Currently own the Hero 2, but can't wait to get my hands on the 3 Black Edition. There's a difference! If cost is an issue, save up and buy the 3. You'll be happier in the long run.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-10-2013, 5:04 AM Reply   
Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 is what I have for editing. It has an awesome "Teach Me" feature for us rookies that explains pretty much every option on the program. Works well for me.
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-10-2013, 6:11 AM Reply   
After doing a lot of research I ended up getting the hero 3 silver edition for $260 brand new. Just ordered it yesterday, cant wait to get it and start using it. Thanks for the input, I will check out those programs for editing.

Last edited by luke22885; 05-10-2013 at 6:11 AM. Reason: missed something