Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (integrity640)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-28-2006, 3:12 PM Reply   
i've been trying a few 3's every now and then, but i've kept having the board fly behind me and i faceplant. I hit the wake and just grab 4 the handle and try to pull it like crazy, and i end up horizontal...not sure what i'm doing wrong, it would b great if any1 had sum tips 4 me...thanx
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-02-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
what i do is i just go off like just a regular w2w jump. when you go for the handle pass, leaning forward a little bit will make it a little easier. just remember to keep the handle close to you hips. im guessing thats y your board flies behind you. if your arms are extended that just letting your body kinda do its own thing. your in control when you got the handle close to you hips. even after you make the pass, keep it close until you land.

hopes this helps. good luck with it
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-02-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
First of all, do you have a solid w2w HS jump? That is most definitely a prerequisite for this trick. If you do, then go into the 360 just as you would for a w2w jump. You don't want to change your body position or edge to do the 360. Jump like you normally would, and when in the air initiate the spin. Consciously think: 1)Pop 2)Pull 3)Pass (the handle). Also, when you pull, pull hard with both hands to your rear hip, then let go and reach around for the handle pass. Get the handle in your hand and try and spot your landing edging away from the wake on your heel edge. Good luck!!

-Steve
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-02-2006, 4:33 PM Reply   
PS: I think ts fs 360's are 100x easier, but you have to have a solid ts w2w for that.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-02-2006, 10:15 PM Reply   
you may be pulling too hard too early. That's what I used to do. Think: hit the wake, pop-up, freeze to set your axis, THEN pull, and pass, and the rest will happen.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-03-2006, 6:46 AM Reply   
It sound to me that you are leaning forward when you come off the lip of the wake. Try to feel like you are laying back a little. Your board should be close to the boat than your head. The good thing is that you are getting the off-axis feel down, lol. Good luck!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-15-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
You are probably trying to throw the trick by initiating the spin off the wake. If you hit the wake with a slicing edge it will kick you off axis. You want to come in on a mellow edge and squat down so that when you hit the wake you can use your legs to really boost it. Check the Supra Trick thing on the main page, Kyele Schmidt breaks it down perfectly.
Old     (annq42)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-19-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
Make sure you are in the air and on axis before you spin. This is a 2 part trick, w2w jump, then a spin. The BIGGEST thing that I would do is first work on your w2w jump working on making a very high archy jump. Then incorperating a 180 into it. Then try the 360. SO many people try to rush this trick and attempt it with a crappy w2w. Also if you are having problems with your handle pass, trying shorting your rope.

(Message edited by Annq42 on March 19, 2006)
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-21-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
I had trouble with spins for the longest time, the final key for me was actually holding on to the handle with both hands longer before I did the handle pass. I was rotating the spin fine but I was having trouble getting the handle every time.

This may sound lame, but assuming you have a good wake 2 wake jump you may just need to hold on to the handle longer with both hands before you make the pass. Try over exagerating it, for some reason this was the key for me.

HOLD ONTO THE HANDLE LONGER WITH BOTH HANDS BEFORE YOU COMPLETE THE HANDLE PASS.

(Message edited by mhsb1029 on March 21, 2006)