Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-07-2011, 7:33 AM Reply   
http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/24810019

This boy has had police called on him 3 times. He sits there in a defiant posture and says that he meant it when he said he wanted to kill someone.

His mom is an idiot. He acts like that and then gets to go on national TV. Next time, taz him, spank him, and then handcuff him .....

wow
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-07-2011, 8:45 AM Reply   
Completely agree. Just watched that a few moments ago. My favorite part was where the mom says "no, the medications did not help him". Well guess what? Pepper spray did! Little $#!T
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-07-2011, 9:35 AM Reply   
Can't see the video, but I couldn't imagine why one would need to pepper spray an eight year old. Maybe he should have pepper sprayed the mom.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-07-2011, 9:44 AM Reply   
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_child_pepper_sprayed
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-07-2011, 10:10 AM Reply   
The teachers couldn't control an eight year old???? This is what is wrong with our society. They should be able to just smack that little ****. Sounds like mom should still be sprayed as well for being a dumb b&*().
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-07-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
Ok I am sorry but 9 times out of 10 this is the parents fault. To many parents try to be the kids friend instead of a parent. If these teachers were scared enough to barrocade theirself in a office this kid deserved to be sprayed. The mother needs to get her kid under control. And if the cops have been called 3 times just for this one kid, he needs to be taken out of school where he cant hurt anyone. This is just crazy. I would be willing to bet this kid ends up in prison for killing someone when he gets older.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-07-2011, 10:46 AM Reply   
Seems like the non-existent dad is at fault too. Can't really feel sorry for the little monster being sprayed.
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-07-2011, 11:22 AM Reply   
She says he only acts out at school. Its probably because she gives him what ever he wants. Its time for parents to bring it back to the old days where you get your a** spanked infront of everyone and embarress the heck out you, without getting CPS called for child abuse.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-07-2011, 11:54 AM Reply   
My kid has a weapon and is saying he's going to kill somebody... BOOM pepper him asap! Kid is luck he didn't get tazzzzzed!!!
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-07-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
Well look at that. He's playing violent video games. Of course that's what is wrong with him. Otherwise he would be a saint...
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-07-2011, 1:02 PM Reply   
Little basturd deserved it. I wish parent and even teachers could smack a child. I got spanked all the time and turned out just fine..

Our society is so fd up. Teachers cant even correct a student vocabulary anymore without getting in trouble. Its like people who say " I axed you to do something" how come no teacher ever correct that? (sorry that has been driving me nuts lately)
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       04-07-2011, 5:18 PM Reply   
Overkill. That's just pathetic if a parent or teacher can't get an 8 year old under control. Bleeding heart liberals are to thank for this nonsense. Did he deserve it? Probably. Should he have been pepper sprayed? No. Do I feel bad for the kid? Not really.

Seriously though, grab his stick and his cardboard and discipline him. Sorry, but an 8 year old with a stick is not a threat to a grown man.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-07-2011, 6:30 PM Reply   
Seriously though, grab his stick and his cardboard and discipline him and then toss a cigarette butt on the ground.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-08-2011, 4:15 AM Reply   
WOW I thought this thread was gonna be a "Poor 8 Y/O" Thread where people were bashing the Cop's.

Thank god the kid and his Mom came off the way they did for TV because if she looked like Martha Stewart and the kid looked like a little angle then Everyone would be up in arm's.

On one hand Yea I agree Grab the kid by the Ear and issue a old fasion Beat Down. My parents had given a note to my grade school teachers to Issue beat downs as needed. THEY WORKED! If a teacher layed a hand on a kid today you would have all these IDIOT parents comming out of the wood work saying "If that so and so teacher would try laying a hand on my kid Bla Bla Bla"

I think they did the right thing. NON Lethal Force. The Idea is to get the person under control with out hurting the person. If they did that I say good for them.
Mabey the little guy will learn when they say "IM calling the cops" it means he is in for it!
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-09-2011, 6:51 AM Reply   
He deserved it and they used proper force. If they had physically touched him, it would have been much worse. This did not, all of a sudden, "just happen" one day and this doesn't happen at home because he always gets his way. Parents need to be parents.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-10-2011, 5:47 AM Reply   
Okay i don't want to hear any of you WINDBAGS B$TCHING when you get pepper sprayed for helping and elderly woman across the street.Then when she trips and falls and someone calls the police saying your trying to mug her.You know your side of the story.The people that called the police only know what they think they saw.
Old    bigdtx            04-10-2011, 11:37 AM Reply   
I took an epic dump earlier - does that qualify me to get on TV? This will be a good story to tell when he's in prison.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-11-2011, 7:20 AM Reply   
Robert, not sure if your being sarcastic or not, but the details are pretty cut and dry. Student was being violent towards school staff (the kid has admitted that) and then chose to be violent towards law enforcement (he also admitted that). The people that called the police saw a kid wielding a sharp stick and threatening staff. I really don't think that they hallucinated the scene or misinterpreted it. Maybe you have some further info to share.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-11-2011, 7:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Robert, not sure if your being sarcastic or not, but the details are pretty cut and dry. Student was being violent towards school staff (the kid has admitted that) and then chose to be violent towards law enforcement (he also admitted that). The people that called the police saw a kid wielding a sharp stick and threatening staff. I really don't think that they hallucinated the scene or misinterpreted it. Maybe you have some further info to share.
I saw the kid in the interview.I'M 51 years old and only 5' 6" tall and i could easily handle that kid even if he had a knife.Why would trained police officers need pepper spray.They are supposed to be trained on how to subdue suspects alot more threatening than an 8 year old boy with a stick.Would you need pepper spray?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-11-2011, 7:38 AM Reply   
I doubt there is a cop in the world that doesn't think he could handle that kid. But the fear of what might happen if the child got injured in the struggle makes it a different story. It seems as though cops would prefer to use validated and excepted methods of subduement than risk the unexpected that might result from using what seems a better solution. Who wants to risk their job and pension over someone elses little brat. Especially knowing that the parents aren't going to cut you any slack.

I'm sure that they would rather tell the parent... "if you don't like how we handled it, then take it up with the dept and rule makers. I handled it by the book."
Old    deltahoosier            04-11-2011, 8:34 AM Reply   
Did I get in the wrong wakeworld? Could not have said it any better John and Jeremy. and others. I had a discussion about this topic with someone and people just do not understand that just because it is a kid or a small person, it does not mean they can not do any damage. Cop gets stuck with the stick, damages a ligament or a tendon and boom career is over. Cop "takes" the kid or grandma for that matter. kid or grandma gets hurt. Kid or grandma gets a lawyer and sues. First thing they ask is did you follow your procedure for handling someone with a weapon. Cop says no because he or she was so small, I figured I could just strong arm him and boom, kid/ grandma is now retired. May or may not be that easy, but, that is what happens every day. Even if the cop gets off, he has to deal with the stress of having the trial over his/ her head, being written up knowing one more complaint over the next few months could be end of career.

Do you have to go to work every day knowing lets say a patron could be over the top angry but if you misspeak to them, your job could be over?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-11-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
Robert, I don't doubt you could handle that kid. The kid was swinging a piece of wood with a sharp edge. All of the muscle in the world couldn't prevent that kid from possibly striking you in the eye and leaving you partially blind for the rest of your life.

I'm sure you have watched an episode of Cops and seen what happens when police have to physically subdue a suspect. I would rather be pepper-sprayed.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-11-2011, 6:23 PM Reply   
I have dealt with some of my nephews who didn't have a father in the house.Once they get to be ten or twelve years old they get pretty cocky.First you must let them know in a serious way you are not playing.Relay to them while you have their attention,that if they don't stop the action you don't approve of you WILL make them wish they did.Usually this is followed by a you can't touch me your not my dad or i'll tell.I usually give them my phone and tell them hurry up and call the ambulance maybe they will get here in time.there are lots of ways to subdue a person and not leave any marks.Then there are even more ways to inflict the maximum amount of pain without them passing out.you don't want them to forget who to respect.Then if further convincing is necessary i go straight to the ribs you don't have to break them,just make sure you bruise every single one.EVEN at the young age of these kids it will take a good two weeks to recover.What we are doing is teaching respect.Some kids are slow learners.I find pain is the universal cure for slow learners.They realize when they do this- that happens and don't repeat their past mistakes.DON'T GET ME WRONG.I'm not saying beat the kid up.I'm saying take him through the steps until he realizes your serious.Most kids under the age of thirteen don't require much persuasion.I never said pepper spray was bad just not necessary. HOPE THIS CLEARS THINGS UP.By the way i don't have any children ,but i have the respect of every neice and nephew.
Old    bigdtx            04-11-2011, 8:01 PM Reply   
"pain is the universal cure for slow learners" LOL - Damn Right.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-11-2011, 8:32 PM Reply   
Would you want this kid on your child's soccer team? Would you want a loved one being in the same classroom as this child? Seems they aren't sure what the story is anymore, and she doesn't know what being a mom entails. Interesting she can be to the school in 10 min, and has time to parade around all the different media outlets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTFO-xZ7pyc
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-11-2011, 9:17 PM Reply   
"there are lots of ways to subdue a person and not leave any marks.Then there are even more ways to inflict the maximum amount of pain without them passing out.you don't want them to forget who to respect.Then if further convincing is necessary i go straight to the ribs you don't have to break them,just make sure you bruise every single one."

Robert, authorities would look at that as child abuse.
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-11-2011, 10:04 PM Reply   
How is bruising every one of his ribs less drastic than pepper spray. You are fine the next day after being pepper sprayed. Bruised ribs take weeks to heal. Your post is ridiculous and smells like a troll post.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-12-2011, 3:46 AM Reply   
Which method of surrender would you remember the most vividly?Education it's about remembering what you learn.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-12-2011, 7:29 AM Reply   
It's not the cops job to educate that kid. His job is to end the situation according to policy guidelines, which I'm assuming condones the use of pepper spray. How hard is that to understand? Seems like the policy worked as there was no consequences other than a dumb kid and his mom not liking it.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-13-2011, 4:32 PM Reply   
The fact that the parent and child went on television, not to mention national television, says volumes about how twisted the parents are of this kid and that, if anything, they should keep it low profile. Mom could prolly use some pepper spray too.