Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (weeznur32)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-30-2010, 8:55 PM Reply   
bought some 8" speakers for my tower but now i dont have cans and i dont want to pay 209.99 for krypt audio cans. Anyone have any they will sell me or know where i can get some? I heard about boardersmall having some I can cut but they dont have anymore. Suggestions?

Thanks.

I have done fiberglass work once before and didnt think it was too difficult. How much $ in material would i need to make two pods?
Old     (skyski1)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-30-2010, 11:06 PM Reply   
The only options I know of are Krypt, Audio Formz at 250 pr, and Bullet at 400 pr.
Old     (HSE)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-01-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
There was a guy a while back that posted little kegs for cans. Not sure on the size but at least you kill two birds with one stone on that route. You could paint or powder coat them later on if needed.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-02-2010, 7:27 AM Reply   
you can add the 20off coupon for krypt cans
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-02-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
Some dude made cans out of those mini beer kegs.... & i have seen them out of PVC pipe.... just a thought.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-02-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
Boardersmall is where I got mine. Call and ask if they are getting them again.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-02-2010, 10:15 AM Reply   
I would just call or contact all the people on ebay that are selling the 7.7" JL audio tower speakers and ask them if they would be willing to sell the cans unloaded. The JL audio speakers are apparently the same hole pattern as the Krypt 8" speakers. Also when I was looking at cans I asked Ken if he would price match the boardersmall ones, he couldn't match the price but he came pretty close so you may just want to give him a call and see what he can do.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-02-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
I know the folks over at samson sports are selling sweet cans that spin and are easily removable and that fit the 7.7 perfectly. It's the same connection system as the new exile. Give them a call. I bet you could score some for a good price, they are trying to get rid of old stock.