Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    dbogart            06-18-2004, 2:57 PM Reply   
ok guys,

sorry to start so many threads but im getting giddy here.

whats the best used wakeboarding boat for under $4000?

thanks for the help everybody. for some reason i suck at searching the old threads.

david
Old    aircox            06-18-2004, 4:10 PM Reply   
Do you mean under 40,000.00???????
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-18-2004, 4:38 PM Reply   
In the pre-Xstar days I picked up a 1986 Bayliner 19.5 foot in really great shape for $4200. Added a couple sacks and a pylon later on and I was really happy with that for quite some time.

I would go with an I/O if you can. The maintenence is much cheaper than an outboard and the additional weight in the back will help you out.

As far as non-inboard boats go, Bayliners may draw a lot of heat but I think they are a good value for an entry level boat and the parts are fairly afforable and easy to find when needed.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-18-2004, 5:32 PM Reply   
don't get a Force motor. they a crap and often times more expensive to fix than replace. have fun
Old    dbogart            06-18-2004, 8:14 PM Reply   
whats a force motor? and what the hell is a I/O motor? guys, i know surfing lingo down to a science but i am new to wakeboarding talk....help!
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-18-2004, 10:45 PM Reply   
I/O is an Inboard / Outboard. V-6 or V-8 in the boat, outdrive behind it. Your best bet is going to be a I/O runabout in the 17-21 foot long range. Check out eBay and www.BoatTraderOnline.com.

Search your area for runabout brands listed at http://www.monstertower.com/customerphotos/index.htm. Many great wakeboard boats without the wakeboat price tag.

You dont want a maintenance nightmare so at $4K just be patient and shop for a deal.
If you can find a mid 80's correct craft ski nautique for that your set for quite a while, but they go for $6-10K normally. Just get something reliable, get involved and get on the water. You'll know what you need to do after that :-)
Old    tribal            06-19-2004, 8:18 AM Reply   
My 89 22' I/O.Paid 5k another 2k into it with tower and accessories.And a whole lot of elbow grease to fix it up but that's how you find the deals.Look for something with low hours that doesn't look great.You can find a real bargain that way.
Before

After

Wake