Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (blind_pete)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-20-2009, 11:27 AM Reply   
Are there any NVS owners out there that would be willing to demo their system? I’m looking to get a pair of Deviants but can’t find a local dealer in the Columbus OH area.
Old     (blind_pete)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-25-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
Does any one have pictures of any NVS on an xs tower with bimoney?
Old     (poland34)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-25-2009, 1:23 PM Reply   
Peter i am Columbus Ohio and have deviants on my boat. It is in storage in Cincy until the second week of April. You are more than welcome to come listen to them when i get the boat out. Lets just say that all of Alum Creek knows when i am on the water. I am a huge fan of NVS!!!
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-25-2009, 1:53 PM Reply   
Chat with Duane directly. He will help you out best he can...may know someone who has the setup in your area.....

I've spoken with him directly, and he is very helpful and reasonable.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-25-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
Pete, if you happen to find yourself in socal, you are more than happy to come out and hear my 1010s from the boat and from 80 feet back.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-25-2009, 3:15 PM Reply   
We had the 1010's before and changed over to the Deviants last year. Both were great. I really like the new look for the Deviants.

I couldn't be more happy with the product. LOUD and CLEAR!!! Ha, ha, ha.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-25-2009, 8:27 PM Reply   
imho over power them. I have the tyrants with a ppi 4125 running them only. I cannot ride behind the boat at 3/4 volume. its just too loud :-)

I ran a zapco 1000.4, but its just not enough for nvs's, If my ppi ever dies, ill run a pair of amps
Old     (blind_pete)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-26-2009, 1:38 PM Reply   
What would you recommend for amps for the NVS’s? What are your observations on the in boat volume and clarity? For the deviants and tyrants, is it painful in the boat when the volume is at a decent level at the rider? How do they handle bass with classic rock, rock, rap, and the occasional metal? FYI The boat system currently consists of malibu’s stock RF 6 speaker + sub. Running the speakers and sub are 2 RF 400.4’s.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-26-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
Blind_Pete...I just posted a PPI 4125 in the classifieds if you are interested.

You will not find a better more powerful amp for the price. Let me know if you are interested.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       03-26-2009, 5:14 PM Reply   
Peter, I have Tyrants NVS on my boat and I push them with a KickerZX850X4 it is 425 RMS X 2 at 4 Ohms. It is cheap and seems to do a pretty good job. I know there are better amps, but the price is right.

http://electronics.pricegrabber.com/amplifiers/Kicker-ZX8504/m21528728.html/search=kicker/st=product/sv=title
Or factory refurbished
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/6410238/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

Hope the links work.