Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-21-2010, 7:38 AM Reply   
I was wondering if anyone has one and how the like it. I was also wondering how true to size they are. I have a massive melon,, a little less than 25 inches around. That puts me at XXXL, haha. Which i havent seen any anywhere for that size. I have seen a few XXL and hoping i can fit into that. I ordered a Red Mutiny helmet in XL but it was a little too small. I like to wear my goggles under the helmet instead of around the helmet. Any other ideas or options would be much appreciated. I also dont have many close shops to try them on.
Thanks
Rob
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-21-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
My idea would be to wear your goggles on the outside of your helmet like the rest of us.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-21-2010, 11:15 AM Reply   
Hmm, good idea jason. And i will do that, but it bends my goggles in a strange way that press into the sides of my face. Under the helmet does not do this. Maybe my huge melon or jsut a personal pref.
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       01-21-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
hey rob, don't be a gaper and keep rockin em under the helmet..haha just kidding jason, I have the bern baker in XL, i took the liner that it comes with out and wear it with a beanie and goggles under it, it's super comfy.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-25-2010, 7:01 AM Reply   
Get a climbing helmet. Petzl makes a great one that will fit. Not built for wakeboarding, but I wear mine when the temps are higher due to the vents.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-05-2010, 4:49 PM Reply   
I've been looking at the Bern helmets, question for you guys. When you buy them do they come ready to go for snow & wake? Do you have to buy accessories?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-06-2010, 4:07 PM Reply   
It is my understanding that you buy your helmet as "snow" or "wake", the only difference being ear flaps on the snow version. This is based on shopping for a lid myself so I could very well be wrong, and I dont know if you can switch between snow and wake.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-09-2010, 6:40 PM Reply   
brody knows...where's brody...
Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-14-2010, 2:23 PM Reply   
looked into them out here and no the snow liner won't fit into the bern wake helmets and you don't really wanna wear the snow liners in the water, so you'd need one for snow and one for wake
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-02-2010, 6:25 AM Reply   
I ended up bailing on the helmet idea. Ive gone forever without one and uncomfortable or too small one just doesnt work for me. Oh well. And so people know you can buy directly from Bern. Just shoot them an email and they will respond in about a week or two with a link to there store.