Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-17-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
I've heard a lot of good things about this boat, especially their fuel economy. Does this seem like a good deal. I've inquired about it, what you see is what you get...no ballasts, no perfect pass, no tower speakers, etc.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/882036177.html
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-17-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
It's priced right at the NADA value, but this one has very low hours. If the boat is in good condition, it looks like a good value.

You can add perfect pass and speakers when ever you want in the future.

If you want to know more about Toyota Epics, go to www.epicmarine.com. It's a great on-line community that can answer all of your questions.
Old     (jujube)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-17-2008, 10:00 AM Reply   
Personally I think you can do better with your $19,500. You should have a lot of options in the West Coast area (if you are from Seattle).

Plug: Check out the new Tige dealer in Seattle. www.sportboatnorthwest.com They can point you in the right direction.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-17-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
Nice boat. Fair deal in most any economy. But this is a buyer's market in the current economy. So if you keep looking you should find some screamin deals. Just depends on your priorities.

Only downside I see is the single axle trailer. If you don't intend to tow a lot, this might not be an issue for you.

Might be worth a call to see how much he wants to sell it.

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on October 17, 2008)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-17-2008, 10:47 AM Reply   
Jeremy, what price range are you looking at?
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       10-17-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
Jeremy for 5k less theres a guy selling a wake challanger that has already seen all the upgrades- tower, ballast, pp, etc. do a search i think hes in lynnwood. good boat for the buck.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-17-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
Wake Challenger? As in the Bayliner? I would take that Toyota over a Bayliner any day of the week. The Toyota has a very advanced Lexus engine that uses gas sparingly and is a champ as a tow motor. The downside is there is no dealer support, I'm not sure where you could get it serviced.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-17-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
I've recently been looking at a few Toyotas and am thinking of picking one up, not until the new year unfortunately. I would say that this boat is a pretty fair deal, as long as its in good shape. I have found them cheaper, but usually with a few vinyl tears, gelcoat chips, etc.. I would love to hear a few unbiased opinions on the boat as a whole, so if anyone has some pics of the wake, etc. that would be cool. I have checked out the epic marine website already.
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-17-2008, 5:01 PM Reply   
Derek - for some unbiased opinions, google Toyota Epic and you'll see what all the boat magazines were saying when this boat came out.

For a biased opinion, ask someone who owns one.

Would I buy another if I was in the market for a 20-30k boat? Absolutely.

It's an amazing boat on many levels:
- Engine performance. The Lexus V8 is well ahead of other engines. It offers great performance and Toyota reliability with minimal gas consumption.
- Fit & finish. Even though these boats are 8-10 years old, the fit and finish rivals many new boats being produced today. Mine's a '99 and people are always shocked to find out that it is not brand new. It is a classic, high quality boat interior. It is not loaded with "bling."
- Toyota resale. Over the past year and a half, my local dealer has called me out of the blue with three buyers. Once, they had a buyer who wanted me to "name my price." How many other boat brands generate calls from your local dealer with buyers in hand? I've had my boat for 5 seasons and I think I could sell it for more than I paid for it. This is a boat with a gold standard brand name, great quality and it is reasonably rare and it is in demand. The original owner took the depreciation hit, not you.
- Strong community. If you have a question about your Epic, you can ask about it on the Epic site. You'll always get a courteous answer that solves your problem. It's like a safety net, so even though our boats are somewhat rare, I always can get a quality answer to my questions. In fact, there are lots of DIY photos and instructions, so that you can take care of a lot of the maintenance yourself if you are inclined. If not, there are several Seattle area Epic owners on the site, so if you want to find out which dealership is good with Toyota you can find out there. (For what it's worth, the dealership support in Wisconsin is outstanding. Toyota Marine's dealership here is Skipper Buds in Pewaukee.)

(Message edited by lakeski on October 17, 2008)
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-17-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
hey lakeski,
hows the wake standard, no ballast on your boat..do what do you have 21 or 22?
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-17-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
bill I agree about the trailer...that was the first thing I noticed. I definitely want to be able to travel across to the Eastern side of the mountains. Just curious if I could talk him down a bit to accommodate for a new trailer...where do I begin to look for those and how much can I expect to pay for double axle trailer?
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-17-2008, 7:20 PM Reply   
Mine's the E22 direct drive. The S22 v-drive will have a different wake. I'd ask about the S22 wake over on the Epic website and you'll get some feedback about it. I'm sure you can find some pictures, as well.

(Message edited by lakeski on October 17, 2008)
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-18-2008, 12:54 AM Reply   
thanks for input. I just found a 05 Ski Supreme V232 with 53 hrs on it for 26,900 in Cali. any input on those? Its at Mission RV and Marine. I searched ww for supremes and didn't find much, but I searched for Mission RV and Marine and people don't seem to like their customer service...but like their prices.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-18-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
spend a few extra $k and buy my '02 Super Air Nautique!

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/632739.html?1223227720

It's a few years older, and has a few more hours, but it's loaded up, and (not to start a boat war, but) I'm pretty sure that you'll find that Nautique is a better boat.

Heck, I'll even throw in wakeboard, seeing as my doctor tells me I can never wakeboard again
Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-22-2008, 2:38 PM Reply   
Hawk-we should have went down to cali and picked up that x10 I just saw that it was sold-bummer
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-22-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
Jeremy, they have a couple really good priced used boats. They have an 01 X30 for low 20's and an 04 Centurion Avy for high 20's. Then again you could buy my boat?