Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-06-2006, 6:30 AM Reply   
Just went to the boat show this weekend, and the x1 was there. The dealer wanted 43 for the boat with the following options: 310 motor, racks, depth finder, cover, stereo, speed control, and trailer. Is that a decent deal?
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-06-2006, 7:06 AM Reply   
Is that OTD? Ours had it at $39995 before tax,etc....I didn't read all the options(said it listed for $52), but I know it had swivel racks, PP and trailer. I had to leave before I financed my life away. I think MC has a winner w/ that X1, it may well end up being our next ride.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-06-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
No add taxes, but I did forget to add ballast. I thought it was a little steep.
Old    mplv            02-06-2006, 8:56 AM Reply   
the 39,995 isnt msrp, its the nationally advertised price.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-06-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
Matt, $39,995 should include everything except stereo, depth finder, and cover. If you take the National Advertised price and add those items, and you will be around $42-$43K. The $39,995 price is the base, but all dealers order them in with a few extra items that are popular or that they can add a little to the profit.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-06-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
That's probably just MSRP, or close to it. The 310 motor and trailer come stock at the $40K price. At the Seattle boat show, they were offering the setup you describe (minus maybe the depth finder) for the base price of $40K. You could add the extra ballast for like $500.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-07-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
I went to the dealer and looked again last night. I noticed that the x-1 is missing a lot of stuff the x-2 had. I think that Malibu v-ride has got them beat for comparable money.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-07-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
Well, I'd have to agree with Matt C because I came to the same conclusion and bought an '06 V-Ride as well. However, I do think that MC is now offering more discounts on the X-1, so you can probably negotiate a similar price and options to the V-Ride.

(I like the aesthetics of the V-Ride better, so even at the same price I'd get the Malibu. But it's just personal preferences at that point.)
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-07-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
I wish I would have climbed into a V-Ride at the boat show. I checked out the X-1 pretty close and thought it was really cramped. It is a great looking boat. The interior is very nice looking. MC puts a nice tower on their boats. I like the look of the V-ride but if it feels super cramped and is lacking storage like the X-1 I will have to pass on both and go for either a Moomba LSV-XLV or the Supra 21 or 22 v.
Old     (sanguine)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-07-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago, looking at an X1 vs V-Ride vs Moomba LSV. The X1 was immediately out since I couldn't order one (wife is pretty particular lol). The V-Ride was nice, but the dealer would only make me a good deal on the one he had in stock, and not an order (and again the wife didn't like it lol). In the end, I bought the Moomba LSV. A little surprising as the 2005 model was not something I thought much of.

(Message edited by sanguine on February 07, 2006)
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-07-2006, 1:19 PM Reply   
We demoed both boats and decided to go with the X-1 over the V Ride. The overall fit and finish of the interior was nicer in the Mastercraft, especially with attention to detail as in the bow area and such IMO. Also, the MC just felt more solid and you can't go wrong with that wake!
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-07-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
depoint50ae -

The V-Ride has a slightly larger interior than the X-1. It is a couple of inches wider which translates from being very tight to just roomy enough. As for which interior you prefer, that's just up to you. I happen to think my V-Ride looks way better than any X-1 I've seen or been able to configure, but that's just me. The X-1 is still super cool and would easily be my second choice.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-07-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
Yeah the MC dealer only have two X-1's in stock and they were both at the show. Since the show was in Oklahoma they had a Bedlam rivalry them going. One was red and white (OU) and the other was black and orange (OSU). They said that they would be the last X-1's they would have in stock for the year. Seems like MC is holding out on the price point boats!

I feel kinda dumb since I went to the show and didn't even look very hard at the V-ride. When I got to the Bu area I was mesmorized(sp?) by all the bling of the 247 and VLX I forgot to check out the boats I could actually afford!

what is the MSRP of the X-15? If they hooked up that boat with the room and storage missing from the X-1 it would be sweet as long as it isn't @ a rediculous price!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-07-2006, 6:52 PM Reply   
Black and orange is the way to go!! We ordered ours with a black hull and an orange deck with white and orange graphics. It's gonna be sick. Also was the last production spot available in the country

(Message edited by wakeslife on February 07, 2006)