Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-08-2005, 11:01 AM Reply   
Looking at spending a week at Lake Shasta the first week of July. Need feedback on RV parks with cabins. Want something comfortable and newer with boat moorage. Close to ammenities would be nice too. I've seen http://www.shastalake.com/ but really want some first hand information.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. My party will be 6 adults.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-08-2005, 1:41 PM Reply   
We got out of sugarloaf every year and like it. Do a search this topic has been beat to death.
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-08-2005, 1:58 PM Reply   
Lake Shasta has been beaten to death...what I'm looking for is specific recommendations on an RV park with cabins. I will be bringing my Elite V-Drive so I'd like to moor it. Friend will be bringing 25' trailer, hence the need for RV. Wife and I want a cabin, hence the RV park with cabins.

Thanks much.

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-08-2005, 3:31 PM Reply   
David,

Book your trip for July 11th-15th, and you'll run into about 50 fellow Wakeworlder's. We all hook up there for a week every year. We get boarders from Washington, Oregon, Arizona, California, and Nevada.

Some stay in cabins, some in camp grounds, and a few rent house boats.

This is the third year we will be hooking up there, and it's always a great time.

Call me, and I can give you details on the different places you might want to stay.

Cliff - 206-391-2285
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-08-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
We've stayed at Holiday Harbor. Just a little oval a bathroom and a small playground about 30 sites. If you want ice you have to drive or walk about 500 yards to the store. If the water is way down the the stairs are killer. It's on the better side of the lake.

We have also stayed at Antlers. They have a pool, store and much larger camp ground. They also have alot more shade. The bad thing is the other side of the lake is better in my opinion. They also have cabins but I don't know anything about them. I do know that they are almost as much as a boat.

Get a house boat you wont regrete it. The added cost is well worth it.

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-08-2005, 3:48 PM Reply   
We are renting a 16 sleeper with hot tub fireplace and slide at Antlers the 13th June - 17th. We need more people!!!!!!!! So far my wife myself and another couple a few kids. Shasta is the bomb we love it. Silverthorn has some kewl cabins from what I hear and Im pretty sure you can moorage your boats. Their pizza place is also really good.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-08-2005, 8:45 PM Reply   
Antlers has cabins and camping (RV spots too), and also boat moorage.
It's a nice spot. We houseboat 2 weeks every summer on Shasta. I hadn't seen Antlers from the land until last summer. I was impressed. It's nice.
Old     (w4k3b04rd3r19)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-08-2005, 9:18 PM Reply   
If you want to know anything about shasta ask mimafour he basically controls lake shasta with the water levels and stuff like that. He also lived there for all of his life and knows the place inside and out
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-09-2005, 8:13 AM Reply   
Thanks, this is what I was looking for.

However, it appears that I waited too long. All the cabins everywhere are booked solid in July. Guess I'll be tenting it again this year!

Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-09-2005, 8:38 AM Reply   
Dave if you where going to get a cabin why not get a houseboat? You can rent a cheap one for 3 grand for the week. We use to camp then our friends talked us into houseboating it. I'll never go back to tenting it at Shasta.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-09-2005, 8:38 AM Reply   
Houseboat - make the investment and you won't be sorry... Weeks are approx a 1,000.00 less first 2 weeks of June or after labor day ( fyi)...

-= peace =-
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-09-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
Did the houseboat thing year before last at Billy Chinook. It was a good time definately. Only thing I didn't like about it was being water locked. Would like to be able to moor the boat, hit a shower and head out for some nightlife.

Last summer we did two weeks camping at Billy Chinook and I told my wife I was burnt out on it. This summer I wanted to try the cabin angle and may cancel the Shasta trip if something is open at Billy Chinook.

Face, could you E-mail me the name of the dealer from whom you got your fantasic deal on your new boat? Do you ever hit Billy Chinook? I'm in Vanouver, Washington so what are some other nice places close. Shasta is a haul!

Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-09-2005, 10:07 AM Reply   
I sent you an email.

Your right 2 weeks on a houseboat is to long. Last year 3 of our couples went to town at night and made it back to the boat no problem. They took a couple of large spot lights to make it back.

We usually go to to Chinook usually once a year. This year we are going to try Prineville once in August and for 4 days during labor day weekend.
Old     (w4k3b04rd3r19)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-10-2005, 12:45 AM Reply   
I lived in Shasta during the summer for the past 5 years now. My advice would to be is either look for a house close to the lake to rent out for the week. Or get a houseboat out of SilverThron because they have the newest housesboats out of all the resorts. If you decide to do the houseboat things I would reccomend that you launch out of holiday harbor or bridge bay (because they are located right off the freeway and are easy to access) and take your boat over to silverthorn (because it is a b*tch to tow your boat through that road, it is narrow and has alot of sharpe turns). Than have one person drive over to the resort with all your sleeping bags food, equipment, etc. personally I would do the houseboat thing I spent most my time out on the houseboat than I do at the house. Also I would book it asap because around june/july the lake get swarms of people. Also one of the advatage of having a houseboat is that you don't have to deal with paying parking fee's ext and you can go off and find your own cove to ride in all day long maybe even set up some lights off the boat for a night session. Also if you are trying to find a moorage spot good luck they are all mostly taken up by the locals and you have to either buy the boat that has the spot or/and pay the monthly fee for it. If you want more info on anything feel free to email me at w4k3b04rd3r19@hotmail.com I will also be up there next weekend and I can check some things out for you

(Message edited by w4k3b04rd3r19 on February 10, 2005)
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-10-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
I totally love shasta. I am getting anxious just thinking about it. I'd love to come out for the July trip. Maybe if anyone has room, let me know :-) I can drive a boat, maybe ill even bring my VLX up.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-10-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
And by the way, the two weeks out of my life I have stayed on a houseboat, we're two of the best. So much fun, nothing like it.
Old     (kneebone)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-10-2005, 8:48 PM Reply   
I would recommend staying away from Shasta. The water level is way too low and it's way too crowded. Too many Shasta County Sheriff's patrols.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-11-2005, 1:10 AM Reply   
The water level USUALLY is too low, but i'm sure with the insane amount of rain and snow that california got this winter that the water level should be pretty good... especially earlier in the summer. I really like Shasta if i'm houseboating, but for camping and such, I really like Trinity a lot better, especially during the busy mid-summer season.
Old     (kneebone)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-11-2005, 9:08 AM Reply   
Lake is still 62' down. Many of the boat launch ramps are still not in the water. The lake will not fill up and it is looking to be drought like conditions at the lake. Remember, Shasta feeds all the central valley farmers their water, provides the water for the sacramento river and salmon spawning, flushes the delta when it gets saltwater intrusion and levee breaks as well as drinking water for socal. Slim year all the way around when you look at it. Even with all the rain and snow, it probably won't get to within 20' to the highwater mark at best this year.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-11-2005, 9:25 AM Reply   
I was just out at Shasta a few weeks ago. Even though the water level was really low, the lake is so big there is plenty of water to have a great time. Plenty of little coves to park your Houseboat, and some good times to be had by all. Im looking out my window right now (Medford Oregon) The sun is shining the temp is around 60 and Im getting summer fever.