Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-25-2011, 4:50 PM Reply   
Rumor has it that a lake has been purchased and will be turned into a cable park . Anyone know anything about it?
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2011, 5:13 PM Reply   
Might know something...
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-26-2011, 6:47 AM Reply   
It would be an awesome location....
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-26-2011, 8:24 AM Reply   
I heard Hwy 70 area.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-26-2011, 9:41 AM Reply   
there are TWO that might get built soon...

But as we all know, there is never any 100% for-sure guarantee that a cable will get built here...until it is built and operating.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-26-2011, 9:48 AM Reply   
It's all hearsay at this point, but it looks like it may happen. But like WV said until it is built and people are taking laps it's not for sure
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-26-2011, 11:03 AM Reply   
I figured you would shon! how have you been ? havent talked to you in awhile.

All I know is that the lakes are in escrow and the rumor is that a cable will be installed . I'm not at that lake anymore as i have joined bel acqua. so im not in the know .
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-26-2011, 11:42 AM Reply   
Are we talking 2.0 or full 5 tower system? I don't have high hopes... too many hippies in this state!
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-26-2011, 12:26 PM Reply   
Would be interesting...
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-26-2011, 1:49 PM Reply   
My guess
http://www.bizben.com/business-for-sale/126475.php
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       05-26-2011, 4:32 PM Reply   
IMO its not buying a lake. I know a few folks with one. The problem the permits,licensing and insurance costs. Thats where it always seems to be derailed. If it does happen count me in for weekly visits tho
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-26-2011, 7:29 PM Reply   
"The Water Fowl And Wildlife Will Amaze You" Here's your road block...
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-26-2011, 9:24 PM Reply   
brendan, that is next to bell aqua and owned by the Quackenbush's. not nearly big enough for a cabe...

BTW...Chuck Quackenbush (spelling is probably wrong) was the State of California Insurance Commishioner (SP?) years ago, and he left the state after a big scandal that developed after the northridge earthquake. Supposedly he sided with the insurance companies on denying valid claims made from the quake. He was forced to resign and was supposed to stand trial, but left the state before they could nab him.

bad for the people, but probably good for chuck...if the sale goes through.

sorry to air policitcal laundry on WW...and i suck at spelling.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-27-2011, 10:30 AM Reply   
Not bel acqua , lake 3 is barely big enough to ski on. It was originally built for trick skiing . Very shallow and narrow. The lake(s) in question have been used for skiing and boarding for many years. I know the lake well, however do not know who bought the place or the plans for it as I have left and ski out at bel now.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-09-2012, 10:04 AM Reply   
Stopped by this place to ski on monday. So far they took one of the lakes , cut it in half put in some sort of dam. One half is open for who knows what. The other half they have put in a narrow island down the middle. The lakes were getting filled by water while is was there. No sign of a cable system yet. The other lake has been left for slalom course skiing which I was doing while there.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-09-2012, 10:07 PM Reply   
I hear a 5 tower is getting put in off of Riego/Baseline road area.....No idea who the owner is though?
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-10-2012, 10:49 AM Reply   
Thats the lake I was at.
Old     (cougarfan83)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-11-2012, 9:12 PM Reply   
I work with a guy who's friend is the owner of that lake. I think he is trying to add a cable, but right now they are just running a boat in it. He is actually paid by the government to breed fish there, so it is a fish feeding frenzy. It's actually pretty disgusting. My other buddy did a photo shoot out there for a local newspaper article last year. He said it was shallow, warm and fish were all around him. Sounds pretty nasty to me!
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-14-2012, 9:32 AM Reply   
@ jeff, thats not the place i am talking about. For one you cant run a boat in the cable area does not have water yet , and not big enough for a boat.
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-14-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
Rumor had it from an industry friend of mine that he was invited out to a lake in the somewhat Wilton area (near sacto) of a guy that purchased and had a lake and is planning to put in a full 5 tower system, I tried to talk him into taking me with to check out if it was legit but couldn't. He said its a go but until I have a beautiful blister building wood handle in my hands I don't get excited.

From what I know, they have to have an Amusment Park permit which is hard to get ahold of in Cali so I'm told...
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-14-2012, 11:26 PM Reply   
Theres this one thats getting built in Woodland. http://www.velocityislandpark.com/

and I saw some plans for a cable to be built at Still Water Lake I think this is the one you guys talking about? this is the private lakes off Baseline/Riego area but I don't know much more about it?
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-16-2012, 1:05 PM Reply   
Hey Brodie, the lakes I'm talking about is what used to be called Stillwater Ranch off Baseline.
( near Roseville) I don't know really any details of the cable park other than what I have heard dock side and seen myself. The ranch consisted of two lakes primarily used for slalom course skiing. Sometime last year it was sold off to a new owner. The word is that there is a plans for a cable park. From what I saw last week , while I was there skiing was this. The larger of the two lakes has been split in two. One half is supposed to be a paddle board lake and the other half is for a cable . The second half has a thin island running down the middle of it. I am assuming the cable will run around the perimiter off the lake and the thin island seprates the runs up and down. It looked like they were just starting to fill the lake back in. The second lake has been left alone and is still being used for slalom course skiing. I will be going back tommorow to ski again as a guest. I am a member at another lake down the street , so I am not in the "know" about what is going on other than what I hear and see. I have not met or talked to the current owner.
Old     (SteveW)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-23-2012, 9:02 AM Reply   
Stillwater...including map of proposed layout.

http://www.placer.ca.gov/Departments...tersports.ashx