Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       01-06-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
Is this correct?
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-06-2010, 2:51 PM Reply   
yes it is
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-06-2010, 3:43 PM Reply   
I wonder if/when we'll ever get it back?
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-06-2010, 3:45 PM Reply   
Nobody wants to pony up the cash to pay for space. I don't blame them either.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-06-2010, 7:36 PM Reply   
Yeah, It looks as though northern CA will not have any shows according to the list on wakeworld.

I'm guessing 5 years until we have another local boat show.

(Message edited by kikitlo on January 06, 2010)
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-06-2010, 7:39 PM Reply   
sad indeed...Also don’t waste your time on the Sac show.. major disappointment
Old    kaligirl            01-06-2010, 8:10 PM Reply   
Wow! That is so sad. Nor Cal has a great boating tradition too. Can't wait for things to turn around.
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-07-2010, 9:06 AM Reply   
Last year there was one in Sacramento, it looks like that one is a no go also. Major bummer!!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-07-2010, 11:17 AM Reply   
Is it me or is the Whole "you need a new boat every 2 or 3 years" fad out the window. The whole idea that 300 hrs is a bunch of hrs on a bot seems to be a distant memory created by people trying to sell boats. IMO take care of your boat and it will last a good 6-7 years no problem. People who leave their boat outside uncovered all year Yea your boat is junk in 3 year's. Buy a cover and keep up on the maint and you would be supprised at how long you can keep somthing nice. You put way more miles on your car and most people don't replace your car every other year. I just wonder if the whole ression has caused people to look at things like your boat and say. Humm she has 500 hrs on her and it still runs good. Im gonna run this thing untill it sinks.
I to wonder how long or if ever things will return to how they were people buying a new boat every other year
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-07-2010, 12:06 PM Reply   
Just checked to make sure, only boat show for NorCal is the one up in Sac. I bet they will have some pretty good deals on equipment to attract a crowd this year though. I am not sure who will be there but I would check with NorCal Mastercraft. Looks like they will be up there and they will have an idea of how big the show is going to be this year. I bet you if they had people call in interested about what is happening they might step up what they had planned too. my .02.

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-07-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
Just wondering how many dealers are left if that area?
Old    kaligirl            01-07-2010, 4:12 PM Reply   
@Corey...so there is going to be a Sac boat show? Do they have dates yet? Even if people aren't buying boats every 2-3 years like "G" says, it's nice to be able to check out all the new gear. My hubby's Murray CTs just got trashed and he wanted to look for replacements...and maybe a new set-up at the show.
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-07-2010, 10:45 PM Reply   
Sacremento Boat show is March 9th - 14th. I havent heard if any of our pro riders will be there because they usually dont schedule that far in advance, but I bet one of my favorite riders and good buddy Brodie Chaboya will be there!

Corey M
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-08-2010, 6:41 AM Reply   
The Sacramento show was cool last year.

The CIE crew will most likely be working the CWB/Norcal Mastercraft booth.

Come through! We'll be smuggling beer and sipping on the downlow. Come hangout
Old    kaligirl            01-08-2010, 8:25 AM Reply   
thanks Corey!