Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (dluttr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-13-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
This is a tragic death that happened this week.

Go to following link:

http://www.gccsda.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1082&Ite mid=2
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-13-2006, 5:26 PM Reply   
Did she die? I think she is in really bad shape but she is still hanging on I believe.
This was started on another thread today also.
Old     (dluttr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-13-2006, 5:29 PM Reply   
Sadly she did die.

Updated link:

http://www.gccsda.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1084&Ite mid=2
Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-13-2006, 5:31 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/345158.html?1152831568
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-13-2006, 5:33 PM Reply   
Very sad
I hate hearing stuff like that.
Innocent ones taking, while the dirtbags of the world live on.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-13-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
Rest in peace dear sister.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
Hate to hear this :-(

God bless Bethany and her family.

I'll be wearing my helmet from now on, and so will my son. (I wonder if she was wearing one, or if it would have helped?)
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-13-2006, 7:13 PM Reply   
God Bless! Sorry to hear this sad story
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-13-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
Sad very sad.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-13-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
Prayers for friends, family, and the camp
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-14-2006, 12:11 AM Reply   
It is very sad My thoughts are with every one close to her.

Since it is the first time, I have ever heard of an accident like that, my thoughts are that she must have had a small defect in the brain, that had burst on impact. I have heard about prof. soccer players suddently die on the field, from heart attacks, teakwon do fighters die from a small kick to their neck, causing a damage in their brain. All these sad accidents came from small defects, they weren't aware off.

All this doesn't make a difference to what had happened. Sad! Very Sad!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-14-2006, 12:36 AM Reply   
Very sad! Our thoughts are with the family and friends!

(Message edited by dcervenka on July 14, 2006)
Old     (timsown)      Join Date: May 2005       07-15-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
Lets show the Kacak family what the wakeboarding community is all about. I'll be sending out my donation today.

Here is some information from gccsda.com

In lieu of flowers the Kacak family is requesting that donations be made to a fund to help young people attend Cohutta Springs Youth Camp’s Wakeboarding Camp or to a fund to help young people attend Georgia-Cumberland Academy (GCA).

Pastor Maurice Witt who has been assisting the family in making funeral arrangements says the family is asking for donations to help young people attend Wakeboarding Camp at Cohutta Springs Youth Camp because wakeboarding was one of the great loves of Bethany’s life and is asking for donations to help young people attend GCA because of her love for the school.

“She enjoyed so much last summer at wakeboarding camp at Cohutta,” says Witt. “The family says from the moment she left camp last summer she was looking forward to attending Wakeboarding Camp this summer at Cohutta.” He says the family really believes in the summer camp’s program and its ability to help youth.

Witt say’s Bethany’s father, Robert, recalls that when Bethany moved into her dorm room at GCA last year she was less than thrilled at attending the academy but that within days her attitude had completely changed and the family says the school made a difference in her life.
Donations to either fund can be sent to: Georgia-Cumberland Conference, P.O. Box 12000, Calhoun, Ga. 30703. In the memo section of the check please specify either “Bethany Wakeboarding” or “Bethany GCA.”
---------------------------

Please feel free to let others know about this information. As you can see Bethany was completely in love with wakeboarding and I know her family hopes to be able to help other young people have that same passion.