Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (paolad)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-01-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
Does anyone know where I can get some fins for a 5'6 butter board waesurf? It was given to me but withous fins. I didnt realize that the setup is different than others. It's much more like a surfboard with 2 fin boxes and it uses only 1 screw versus the standard 2. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I want to take it out.
Paola
Old    surfdad            05-01-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
Paola, it's been a few years since I was on a Churn, but I believe they use Future Air fin boxes - the set screw is at the leading edge of the box and the tail of the fin "hooks" in to the back of the box.

If that is the case, Inland Surfer uses Future's on their boards, they may sell fins only and virtually any online surf shop has Future Fins (just be sure to get the allen wrench also).
Old     (paolad)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-03-2006, 2:20 PM Reply   
Thanks Jeff. Much appreciated. I will look it up.
Old    surfdad            05-16-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
Paola did you see the other post? Redx, not futures.
Old     (paolad)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-24-2006, 10:09 PM Reply   
Redx didnt work still hunting for fins for this. Will post a pic.
Old    surfdad            06-25-2006, 6:08 AM Reply   
The RedX didn't work? What was wrong with the size?
Old    surfdad            06-25-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
Butter boards were manufactured and distrubuted by Triton Sports (makers of DoubleUp Wakeboards also). Back in...shoot, '03 (?), they also acquired KD Watersports. The LAST known contact info I have for Triton and KD, in the US, are below. The mailing add'y and telephone #'s are the same for Triton and KD. I do NOT know about the email add'y. Maybe they can hook you up if the RedX aren't the correct fins.

KD Watersports
Triton Sports
9490 Prototype Drive
Reno, NV 89511
United States
Tel: +1 (775) 852 7300
Fax: +1 (775) 852 7330
E-mail: casey@tritonsports.com
Old     (paolad)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-25-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
Thanks Jeff,

I'll try the email. I tried again last night info@tritonsports.com and it got bounced back. I'll try the number monday and see what happens.
The redx fins were narrower than the fin box and the screw that goes with it was smaller in length.
Old    surfdad            06-25-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
I'm thinking that Trition and the Butter Boards aren't around any longer. Even the DoubleUp web site seems to have NOT been updated for a bit. The screw length shouldn't be a problem - just run down to your local ACE hardware - and get the right length...but the fin slides in the box, right? Can you shim the sides? Trim a bit of plastic or nylon, if you can't find anything from Triton?