Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                07-09-2001, 6:26 AM Reply   
I am fairly new to wakeboarding and I have been progressing fairly well this summer. I am able to get plenty of Air heelside and I can do several grabs, wake to wake 180's and so forth but I can't seem to get any air when I approach the wake toeside. It seems as if I lose all momentum at the wake and usually my toeside jump ends up like a slalom cut. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old    a emde (lumina) on Monda            07-09-2001, 10:58 PM Reply   
yea, I have the same exact problem with toeside, I get air heelside. On toeside I get a little air, but no more then a foot. its pretty harsh. someone needs to reply with help.. :)
Old                07-10-2001, 7:53 AM Reply   
Hey you two, check out the post I started "TS wake to wake jump" Matt and Rick gave some great advice that got me up and over. I'm now doing ts w2w 180s thanks to them! Good luck!
Old                07-16-2001, 9:58 PM Reply   
start with a hard cut then ease up and as soon as i get in the air i usually let go with my back hand and land smooth.
Old                08-08-2001, 12:26 PM Reply   
Yeah, toeside is hard, but on my snowboard I just had to get comfortable with it and then cut as just as hard as on my heels. My toeside air is a little less than my heels, but snowboarding definately helped me out. So my advice is just cut as hard as you do on heels and physically you probably always will get more air on heels cause you can apply more pressure to them then the toes.
Old                08-10-2001, 9:44 AM Reply   
The thing I find is that although I think I am cutting as hard, I really am not. I did it slower and looked at my body position going in and noticed that I did not bend my legs coming in and therefore did not stand tall at the right time to get the pop. I just started cutting out to about 5 feet and then trying it from there to just get height, not distance. When I had that down, I started working on going out a little further each time and building the distance to go with the height. I still don't like toeside jumps, because I feel like I am being jerked around on landings, but I can do them now.
Old    better control            08-16-2001, 1:23 PM Reply   
I think it's all about handle position. Edge out away from the wake, when you turn to make your toeside cut place the handle down as tight as you can to your front hip and hold it all the way through the jump with two hands (better control). That has helpled me alot