Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-01-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
Friday morning, on my first run, I stuck he front edge in (like I have done many times), and did da good faceplant. Now, usually I pop up with my eyes feeling like they are the size of tennis balls. No problem. Well, this time I hit really hard. I could not tell which way was up, and I think I was just about knocked out. After I came to the surface, struggled to turn over, and compose myself, I realized I got whacked pretty good. Oter than my face, my abdomen really hurt. Strugled to get the board off, and somehow managed to get onto the boat. The picture should tell the story, but basically I stretched my ab muscles. It looks from the picture that something hit me, but I am sure nothing did. This is just from the stretch or tear.

Kinda funny (well, not really) that the night before I was reading someone's message about injuries, and one of them was about an ab injury, and how painful they are. No $h+t!

This is just a wake up call for the old farts like myself. I like to think I am a little more than a weekend warrior, as I wakeboard a couple days a week, mountain bike, etc. I now realize how important it is to be in REALLY good shape in order to prevent or reduce injuries. I know I really ned to hit the sit ups (maybe in a few weeks)and some other exercises. Like I said, this is a wake up call for me.

Guess I am the driver for the next several weeks!!

belly
Old    billyo12            08-01-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
i thought that was your head man oh my
Old    west_sider1            08-01-2004, 1:17 PM Reply   
shave that forest cant tell whaaat the lookin at
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-01-2004, 4:08 PM Reply   
I didn't know bears could wakeboard.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-01-2004, 4:16 PM Reply   
hahahahahaha
Old    byerly137pro            08-01-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
Yo someone bust out the industrial strength Stilh weed wacker. That like his personal wet-suit. Jks.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-01-2004, 5:21 PM Reply   
Unfortunately, this happened one week before my full body wax, and I mean FULL!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-03-2004, 12:32 AM Reply   
Updated photo one day later.
belly
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-03-2004, 6:23 AM Reply   
please, no more updates.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-03-2004, 6:29 AM Reply   
Ouch is right. That looks like it hurt Buzz. Do you actually have any pulled muscles? Or is that just bruising?
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-03-2004, 6:50 AM Reply   
are you sure your and your wife didn't have a argument on the boat and beat you with a wooden paddle? those bruises are naaaaasty!
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-03-2004, 9:28 AM Reply   
I'm sure it won't look so bad if you did get your full body wax. Right now it looks like Grape jelly in shag carpet.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-03-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
You spilled something on your sweater.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-03-2004, 11:08 AM Reply   
Toolfan ~ ha ha ha ha ha
Old     (wakeboarder123)      Join Date: May 2004       08-03-2004, 2:16 PM Reply   
thats funny hahahahaha
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-04-2004, 12:55 AM Reply   
You guys are brutal!! Don't make me laugh. It hurts!! MOmmy, make it stop!!!

Yea, it looks like I took a beating with a baseball bat, and no, my girl did not beat me. If she did, I would look a lot worse than that, and would probably have to type this with my tongue.

Yea, I actually pulled my ab muscle(s). I did not hit anything. And you know, I was thinking about the fall (aka: bi*#h of a faceplant), and how this may have caused the injury. I did hit really hard, the hardest faceplant I have done. Really rang my bell. My chest and face still hurt yesterday. One of those you can really hear in the boat. Anyway, the thing I was contemplating is that my board never came off during the fall. It usually does, but it did not this time. I was thinking that probably added to the pull/stretch on my abs, of the board stopping, and my upper body still pulling forward. I know this probably sounds obvious to some of you, but it just came to me last night. I must of really whacked my squash! I have only had my Transit bindings a few weeks, and they have not had a problem releasing on other falls, but I may have had them just a bit tighter this time or something. Either that, or someone above decided it was tme for a little old man ass-kickin' fun!

I will save you all the misery of seeing another beautiful photo of my purple jungle, but the bruise is now solid purple, and covers a little more area than the last photo.

I guess I am living by my two mottos:

If you are not falling, you are not riding hard enough.

and

If it does not hurt, you are not doing it right.