Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    DocPhilMD            08-17-2013, 9:19 PM Reply   
Okay so here is a follow up to my demo day. I looked at the 2014 MC X-10, 2013 MB sports 23 WB, 2013 Tige RZ2, 2014 SAN 210. I surfed and drove all of them hard (except the Tige-I will get to that). Now keep in mind that the surf wake was not set up on a couple boats as what many would consider ideal. So all I can review is what I looked at

The styling of this boat is very good. The exterior is simple and clean but interesting. The tower is very nice. The interior is very functional and you get a lot of space for this size boat. Very nice but not over the top like the MC

Fit and Finish: B+

The surf wake was interesting on this one. With the NSS and the new hull, the wake was very tall but short. The interesting thing here was it seemed very touchy. Any little movement in the water totally eradicated the cleanliness of the wake. I am not sure if this was because of the NSS or not. I felt like it was a good wave under optimal conditions but could easily be disrupted. There was a G25 that was running nearby and the wake didn't "look" that good either. hmmmmm

Surf Wake: B

The performance and handling of this boat was very good. It was second only to the MB. The driver did a nice power slide that flung another passenger off his seat. Fun and funny! It had good acceleration and handed well. Although it did seem "rattly" going over rollers. It was also tippy at times. One other thing was the amount of exhaust this boat spit out. It was ridiculous. It actually was so much that it interfered with surfing. I saw the new pipe that FAE put on the G series. it is just a bent piece of welded stainless. It probably cost 50 bucks. Why not put it on these. I WOULD NOT BUY this boat unless I ordered a FAE or had my buddy Chad weld one for me. The exhaust was terrible

Performance/handling: B -

I thought this boat was pretty fairly priced considering all the options. It was about 85K as it sat which was the same price as the Tige. the 230 runs about 95K according the to dealer. I would like to see the surf wake on that boat given its slightly longer.

Price: B

The dealer was great. Silvery spray sports in Fenton only deals in Nautique and has been there for 33 years. The owners are terrific. Strongly recommended and I have no hesitations about using them.

Dealer: A

Overall, this is a very nice boat. It is styled well with a nice interior. The motor was good and responded well but there were some concerns about it being rattly and tippy at times. The exhaust was terrible and omitting the FAE from this boat was a mistake. The surf wake seemed nice but I have concerns about its resilience and consistency. The dealer was awesome

Overall: B