Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    dvanoene            08-28-2003, 2:07 PM Reply   
Was wondering if anybody knows about the new moomba outback lsv?
Looking for a great wakeboard and waterski boat for under 30,000.
Is this boat going to go out the door for 30,000, and also is it a quality boat that is going to stand up over time?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-28-2003, 2:24 PM Reply   
I'll speak for my 2000 Moomba.

I have about 400hrs on it. I run 2000lbs of ballast in it on a regular basis. I've yet to have a problem with it. Anytime I've had questions the people at Skiers Choice have been very helpful, and informative.
Old    dvanoene            08-28-2003, 2:33 PM Reply   
is your 2000 a vdrive?
Old     (craig_riddle)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-28-2003, 2:45 PM Reply   
I have the mobius lsv and have been happy with it. What you are getting is a "good boat for the money". If quality, luxury or solid wake are more important than money you might want to look closer at the more expensive boats. My wake is good with 1600 lbs ballast but not as solid as the SAN I rode behind last week . Like Cliff, I've had no problems and the dealer has been good to work with.
Old    dvanoene            08-28-2003, 2:54 PM Reply   
what is a reasonable price for a new 2003 slv?
Old    upupnaway            08-28-2003, 3:15 PM Reply   
The web page for moomba says 32,000 but also says a dealer can beat that. I have seen loaded up Mobius' for 29,500.
Old    dvanoene            08-28-2003, 4:17 PM Reply   
is that a loaded up moomba outback lsv?
and what options are on it?
Old    upupnaway            08-28-2003, 4:27 PM Reply   
Took this right off of the home page, and even with minimal haggling skills, you should be able to get all of this for less than 32k brand spankin' new.
Boat Type: Mobius LSV $31,695.00
C Pattern Gelcoat: Standard
800 Watt Amp: $550.00
10 Disc CD Changer: $550.00
Tower Speakers (set of two requires amp): $550.00
28-oz Platinum Plush Carpet: Standard
Color Options - Base Coat: Platinum Grey $0.00
Indmar Assault 310 HP: Standard
Remote Oil Filter (required on V-Drives): $195.00
Glove Box w/ Locking Lid: Standard
Two 12-volt Receptacles: Standard
3-Piece Sundeck: Standard
Rad-A-Cage Tower: Standard
4 Blade Prop: Standard
Additional Fin: Standard
Bertha Ballast 1-Bag (Center): Standard
Bertha Ballast 3 Bag System: $595.00
Hydraulic Wakeplate: $850.00
PerfectPass - Wakeboard Pro: $1,095.00
Single Torsion Axle W/ Disc Brakes: Standard
Old    dvanoene            08-28-2003, 4:29 PM Reply   
all of these options are included in the price of 32,000.00?

thanks for the great info
Old    upupnaway            08-28-2003, 4:46 PM Reply   
With all of these options, it went up to 35k msrp.
BUT, that is just the msrp. You can get better than that at any dealership, which is why I said around 32k.
Any option with a price after it is not standard, and the standard base price is 31,695.
In my experience, I have ALWAYS been able to talk big purchases down 10% at the very least, (which would give you all of those options for 32k at the very most), and can usually get them down to 15% off with relative ease.
Bottom line, I would be very surprised if I couldn't purchase all of those options on this boat for 30 or 31.
Old    lakesideluver            08-28-2003, 5:09 PM Reply   
the only mobius ive ridden behind was mike morris, and it was a great boat, and ive also ridden behind xstars supras malibus and sans, i have to honestly say the supra i road in for a lil over 32 brand new was the best boat ive ridden in, i even preferred it to the xstar (60,000-80,000) it was a huge 23ft boat that sat 13 people comfy came stock with ballast system perfect pass tower racks speakers etc. if i could afford any boat at all this is what i would choose based on what ive ridden in
Old    dvanoene            08-28-2003, 5:53 PM Reply   
what supra boat are u referring to that is a little over 32k new?
Old    upupnaway            08-29-2003, 10:48 AM Reply   
If you liked it before than you'll really like it now. We bought a fat sack and a fat seat and the wake is pretty versitile these days. we have been re-positioning the weight up in front to see what works best, and I think we may have it dialed now.

Btw, we are gonna be getting home Pretty early in the morning that saturday, and we are probably gonna go out riding immediately, around 7:00am. we can meet you at our beach, or we will run across the lake to where the contest is to meet you if you want.
Old    lakesideluver            08-29-2003, 10:51 AM Reply   
mike im planning on calling ya early next week....if thats ok, and i will meet ya at that same place....sounds like your boat is sic now dude, what be the chances of an evening set sometime next week? is that at all possible? id be more than happy to pitch in on gas
Old    upupnaway            08-29-2003, 10:55 AM Reply   
Not a prob. I think wednesday would probably be best, if the weather blows then thursday would be cool too.
Old    lakesideluver            08-29-2003, 11:01 AM Reply   
mike that would be great cause my wake is so different and less peaky than a "wakeboard" boats wake, i want to make sure my rolls are locked in for the comp, maybe you could get me to try that tantrum too