Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Eppies07epic)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-28-2012, 9:22 PM Reply   
There is alot of threads about batteries, so here is what i did (not that it matters) I switched from 2 Deka 12 volt deep cycle to 2 vmax charge tanks. I switched last year, and haven't had a problem yet! I got tired of checking water levels and having to charge the batteries every other weekend. When I went to the new batteries (vmax) the length of play time has at least trippled! The stereo actually got louder I believe as a direct result of mass amount of power. I am running 3000 watts of power all Alpine PDX amps so low draw but still a alot of power consumption. The batteries are a little pricey, but is minimal compaired to my stereo. I guess I look at it like doing a full frame off restoration on a muscle car and cinching up and leaving the engine untouched with 120k miles leaking oil, and smoking like crazy!
http://www.vmaxchargetank.com/
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-29-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppies07epic View Post
There is alot of threads about batteries, so here is what i did (not that it matters) I switched from 2 Deka 12 volt deep cycle to 2 vmax charge tanks. I switched last year, and haven't had a problem yet! I got tired of checking water levels and having to charge the batteries every other weekend. When I went to the new batteries (vmax) the length of play time has at least trippled! The stereo actually got louder I believe as a direct result of mass amount of power. I am running 3000 watts of power all Alpine PDX amps so low draw but still a alot of power consumption. The batteries are a little pricey, but is minimal compaired to my stereo. I guess I look at it like doing a full frame off restoration on a muscle car and cinching up and leaving the engine untouched with 120k miles leaking oil, and smoking like crazy!
http://www.vmaxchargetank.com/
How much were they per battery? I just switched to 6v Golf Cart batteries (2x) and was amazed how much they cost in relation to other ones.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-29-2012, 8:29 AM Reply   
I've been really happy with the D3100's that I got from www.4xspower.com. Two full seasons of abuse an they are still going strong!
Old     (Eppies07epic)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-29-2012, 10:10 AM Reply   
I payed a little over $500. I'm by no means a battery expert but along with considering amp hours I think some thought should be given to "burst amp hours"! From what I understand this is in regard to bass bursts (most sub amps are relatively big).
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-29-2012, 3:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppies07epic View Post
I payed a little over $500. I'm by no means a battery expert but along with considering amp hours I think some thought should be given to "burst amp hours"! From what I understand this is in regard to bass bursts (most sub amps are relatively big).
Mine with the new dual box came in just under that. Such is the going rate for hours upon hours of music bliss and no worries about starting, or so they tell me!