Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-04-2009, 7:51 PM Reply   
We can all fight about who has the best boat, best wake , best blah blah blah. The important thing is to remember how lucky we are. I sit by the fire overlooking the glass that was today and will be tomorrow. I listen to the music from my boat. I look at the sky to see a full moon and stars. My son now asleep, my wife three fourths there. My dog firmly comatosed from hours of retrieving balls and life guarding. I could say I have the best boat ever, but the truth is I have the best life ever. Hope all of you enjoyed this season as much as I did.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-04-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
Thanks Dan, I agreed while I spent a month on the lake with my three small kids and it never got cold or rained.
However, tonight I'm working until one in the morning and I need to get in touch with the tech department, and hour ago, of a company that won't open until Tuesday.
Oh well, it's self inflicted so I guess I'll agree after all.
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-04-2009, 11:37 PM Reply   
Seriously! My whole family is healthy, I have a kick arse wife, kick arse job, and an even better boat!
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-05-2009, 12:06 AM Reply   
word!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-05-2009, 1:36 AM Reply   
This is what it's all about!
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-05-2009, 5:16 AM Reply   
......exactly!
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-05-2009, 5:17 AM Reply   
Nice post Dan. I constantly remind myself of how blessed I am. Everyone have a safe and fun weekend.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-05-2009, 5:36 AM Reply   
Dan,

I have to admit, given your history, I rarely read your posts. However, this was probably one of the best I have seen on WW in a long time. Thanks for reminding everyone what life is really all about. Great post.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-05-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
I felt that last night, I launched the boat on Lake Union at 7:30 PM the temp was 70 but it felt warmer with the humidity. We had friends and family on the boat, wine, cheese, crackers a little jazz and the boat was lit up like christmas with the LED's. Tooled around a bit, docked at Chandlers had some dinner and a cocktail. Tooled around some more looked at all those crazy house boats and pulled out right at midnight still dry and unseasonably warm. It was an awesome night and yes reminded me of just how blessed I am.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-05-2009, 8:26 AM Reply   
Amen.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-05-2009, 12:11 PM Reply   
nice post
Old     (pdub)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-05-2009, 5:00 PM Reply   
we got saying out at our lake lot no matter the weather '' It don`t get any better then this''
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-05-2009, 5:27 PM Reply   
I agree
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       09-05-2009, 8:18 PM Reply   
What can I say... Even a bad day on the water is better than a good day at the office.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       09-08-2009, 7:00 AM Reply   
Great post Dan. Lucky indeed.
Old     (fingerstick)      Join Date: May 2009       09-09-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
the name of my boat is "TRULY BLESSED II" because I traded "TRULY BLESSED" for it.I really need to try and remember that every time I am on the water,because I am!
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-14-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
Hit it on the head with a hammer!!!!
Old     (drilldaddy78)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-14-2009, 8:11 AM Reply   
Amen to that. Reading this thread reminds me of those "Life is good" t shirts. No matter how bad the set everyone should remember how lucky they are.
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       09-14-2009, 10:31 AM Reply   
Nice post. I've shared Dan's exact feelings many times. I would say that the only thing that ruined our season a little was the low lake level conditions in South Texas. July was the last good day on the water. But...sitting up at the lakehouse looking out over a dry lake is STILL better than watching TV. There is always marshmallows and chocolate over the fire.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-08-2009, 9:15 PM Reply   
word!
Old     (josharre2000)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-11-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
Well said Dan! We all need to stop and smell the roses occasionally and appreciate all the blessing we have.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-11-2009, 12:09 PM Reply   
True, true. If only the main stream media would concentrate on these positive things, I believe our economy would get better. So many times you hear about how bad everything is and it tends to put everyone in a state of depression. Granted for a lot of people life is tough right now, but they don't need to be reminded of it every time they turn the TV on or pick up a newspaper.
We live in the best country in the world, and most of us on here have a pretty good life.(especially those with a MC) J/K
There is not a night that goes by when I tuck my kids into bed, that I don't feel like the luckiest guy on the planet.

Thanks Dan for reminding us just how good we all have it.

Now everybody... Coom by ya my Lord, Coom by ya...

(Message edited by woreout on November 11, 2009)
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-11-2009, 12:19 PM Reply   
Great thread! I love that I can get out and wakeboard-surf all summer long!
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-11-2009, 7:38 PM Reply   
agree. whole completely. i just got back from a trip to india that caused me to realize the same things. we are truly blessed here in the usa.
Old    murrayair            11-11-2009, 8:29 PM Reply   
Thanks for posting this, Dan. It's easy to forget how fortunate we are. Even when things aren't going our way, we are all still better off than the vast majority of the people in the world. I don't have to worry about when my next meal is going to be, where I'm going to sleep tonight or whether or not I'm gonna get jailed for something I write or say. Being blessed enough to have a boat and being able to wakeboard are just bonuses.