Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (lavinder)      Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Gig Harbor, WA       11-05-2008, 6:58 AM Reply   
Powerboats NW in Gig Harbor is shuttered. Not sure who is selling the Calabria's or Formulas now, but their Regal stock went to Sunchaser yachts who opened a store next to Sea Ray in Fife. Olympic Boat Center shuttered and looks like Sea Ray picked up their Bayliner and Maxum stock. This makes sense since Bayliner owns Sea Ray. Most of their stock is at the old PwrBts NW store in Fife.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2008, 7:44 AM Reply   
My guess is Gonnason's or Seattle watersports is next.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-05-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
and we have a good economy here relative to the rest of the country, crazy times.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2008, 8:59 AM Reply   
And in King county our sales tax is now going to be 9.5% and could be up to 12% in the next couple years. These boat dealers are also small business's that are going to be hurt by having Gregoire in office again. Seattle is stupid.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-05-2008, 10:09 AM Reply   
If Washington State residence get an income tax it will be because of her. Will soon be the second most taxed state in the nation.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-05-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
I so thought Rossi would win this time that crazy B!+ch is gonna drive out more and more business "Oh I didn't allocate the monies properly hmm oh I know lets raise taxes" Don't worry Nubu she very clearly said she doesn't support a state income tax!?
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-05-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
As a former resident of Washington, I'm completely shocked Gregoire was reelected. Then again, I never understood why Locke lasted as long as he did either.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       11-05-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
ya right that crazy lady will suck every one of us dry just studying crap.. Hello we spent how many millions on reserching what to do with 520 and that stupid viaduct... Thats crap that could have been half the bill and the work could be half done..
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-05-2008, 11:47 AM Reply   
holy cow 9.5, I didn’t think she was going to be re-elected also, cant believe she was
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2008, 12:10 PM Reply   
In king county it is 9.0 right now and the mass transit bill passed so that is suppose to add .5% or some can I start sending mail to ASE so when I want to buy a new car or boat I can register it in oregon. Save 3-5k doing that.
Old     (lavinder)      Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Gig Harbor, WA       11-05-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
I would be suprised if Gonnason's were to go. THey are pretty well diversified with PWC's, snowmobiles, quads, etc, in addition to their boat stock. It wouldn't surprise me to see some of the boat shops locate down to Pierce County to avoid the transit taxes. Or even down to Thurston County.
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-05-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
brett anytime :-)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
Gonnason's also has a lot of flooring for all their boats. They have something like 80-100 boats in stock. They have a couple bigger offshore boats as well so they better be selling the crap out of those ski-doo's.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-05-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
^^^and snogo's
Old     (davomaddo)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-05-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
I work in Fife, WA - not related to boats. Seems like every time I turn around there is either a boat store opening or closing.

There is some good realestate available down here.
Old     (jansen)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-05-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
Hate "and we have a good economy here relative to the rest of the country, crazy times."

You're so wrong. Unemployment is up, home sales are down and Boeing!!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-05-2008, 10:12 PM Reply   
Outside of Seattle, but still within Washington, he's right. No lost dealers at all in the Kan. Most people are still working. Boeing left years ago & we got past it.
After living in Seattle for 23 yrs, I left the last time the economy tanked. It had to be the best thing I could have done.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-06-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
Chris, thats why I made it relative to the rest of the country. If you look at other markers such as the housing market it's not nearly off as much as many other large markets and is poised to come back the fastest. Yes compared to what we are use to this suck trust me I know I'm down several thousand $ this year but it is and could be much worse. Just a little glass half full for ya...