Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    udlose            05-31-2004, 6:33 PM Reply   
After about getting hit by about 10 Jet skis this weekend I spent a COMPLETE evenings drunk to solving my Jet Skiers attraction to my boat...And it came to me....I am purchasing a paint ball gun this week.....And we will see if some welts and and paint will cure their attraction to my boat.....FOOKERS
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-31-2004, 7:09 PM Reply   
You will go to jail.

B-
Old    udlose            05-31-2004, 7:18 PM Reply   
You think that a person that about runs into someones boat or about runs over a person floating in the water is is going to go tell the Marshall?

LOL...It is State law here that boats must remain 100' apart while in motion....Besides I am not scared of taking one for the team.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-31-2004, 8:33 PM Reply   
That is just a super idea. When you hit somebody in the eye make sure to post the results of your trial.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       05-31-2004, 9:54 PM Reply   
When your in prison be sure to stay awake and keep your back against the wall....
Old    ihatetubers            05-31-2004, 11:00 PM Reply   
shoot those bastards in the balls i hate those damned roaches
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-01-2004, 8:48 AM Reply   
Hmmm. It's called EVIDENCE!!!

Let's say the jet skier did get close to your boat and you shoot them with the paintball gun. The marshall is alerted. Your excuse is the jet skier was too close to your boat. The jet skier claims you drove too close to him. It's your word vs. theirs. The Marshall has no evidence as to who is telling the truth so it is a push.

Now look at the new charge of assault with a deadly weapon (paintball gun). The jet skiers claims you shot them with a paintball gun. The jet skier has welts on his body and traces of paint to support his claim. The Marshall finds a paintball gun in your boat. Click Click. That is the sound of the cuffs going on your hands.

The jet skier now claims he has paint in his eyes and can't see. He also needs money for the pain and suffering he endured. You get sued. But I guess you don't care because you are taking one for the team.

The best idea I ever heard was to take a video camera and video tape the jet skiers actions and then focus on the registration numbers. You can then tell the jet skiers that they are in violation of the law and you will report them to the authorities with proof of the video tape if they continue to act that way.

Nah take one for the team.
Old    socalboats            06-01-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
He can dream can't he? No law against that, I think.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-01-2004, 9:58 AM Reply   
Wasn't there something on here awhile back about tossing small pieces of rope in the water?Doesn't it disable the jet ski if its sucked up into the motor?
Maybe try that,perhaps confront and destroy the culprits.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-01-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
Get a box of small plastic sandwich baggies and drop them in his path.. they're clear and he'll never see them.

Wh00p! non-fuctioning ski.
B-

(Message edited by barry on June 01, 2004)
Old    boomer            06-01-2004, 11:14 AM Reply   
Shane, Good to finally meet you. I had the same problem at El Dorado Fri. afternoon. I was trying to board & 3 idiots on jet skis decided they'd assume ownership of my wake. Passing so close to me in the process that I about shhhheeeettt. I'm tempted to fill the pocket of my boardshorts with rocks that I can throw at jet skiers that come too close. The paint ball gun isn't a bad idea, doubt I'd actually do it though.
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-01-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
Barry - doncha' think that solution A) isn't very environmentally friendly and B) isn't so ideal when you suck a baggy into your water intake and overheat you boat? Take pictures - that is the best idea.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-01-2004, 11:52 AM Reply   
Yeah, being environmentally friendly is *far* more important than the safety of the boarder I'm towing.

This environmentally friendly stuff is making me sick to my stomach. Save it, please..If you're that concerned sell your boat that guzzles 5-10 gallons and hour and stop being a hypocrite.

I do agree with "B)"

B-
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-01-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
It's not hypocrisy - it's common sense. I'm not a tree hugger - however I do own a home on a lake and am concerned about the amount of garbage that gets dumped. It seems to me that throwing a box of baggies on the slim chance that one will get sucked up by a PWC is stupid. I also don't see the relationship between throwing garbage in the water and using gas. However, if we must debate it, the amount of pollution in the water due to recreational boating (which includes 2-strokes) is much less than 1%.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-01-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
My bad, Keith.. my response was over the top. You're right on all accounts.

B-
Old    udlose            06-01-2004, 5:38 PM Reply   
Just to let you know....That when I stated what I WILL do to idiots on skis...I want you take in account that these fellow lake goers that I WILL hit with paintballs didnt just happen to get close by circomstances...That will happen every know and then...I have been guilty of to much watching the boarder behind my boat or talking and got within 100' of another boat...I am talking close enough that I could have jumped from my boat and tackled them..MULTIPLE TIMES...They seem to think for some reason that my screaming at them was encourgment for them to come back bye.....Also if you cant hit someone other than in the head from 15 to 30 feet away...It is probably a good thing you arent a firearms owner!!!!

Also.....Most of the younger generation only gets the idea when severe pain is thurst upon them!!!

And one more thing...Those nice little 3 man water ballon launchers will do ALOT more damage than a couple of paint balls in the back...Promise....

(Message edited by UDLOSE on June 01, 2004)
Old     (hypoxic_films)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-01-2004, 9:30 PM Reply   
"Ive heard of people doing this" must repeat "heard of" people throwing old oranges at the jetskiers jumping the wake behind us, oops.... I mean someone elses boat.

Danny Turner
HYPOXIC FILMS
hypoxicfilms.com
Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-01-2004, 11:03 PM Reply   
At Havasu sometime ago we had some babes on the boat and some jackass on wave runner decided he was going to spray us........oh he got us good but the thing was he got too close to boat and kinda scared himself and fell off........It took about .05 sec for two of my buddies to greet him in the water to see if he was OK.......he said YES , then they beat the of the guy , almost drowned him and then we took his lanyard ( SP ).........when I look back it was worth a little water in boat to see my brother and best friend beeeeeeetn this guy while all the girls were yelling your gonna drown him.....it was funny
Old     (33drew)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-03-2004, 11:24 PM Reply   
my list of ideas, i didnt make up all of em - most are other peoples

-100 foot blue ski rope thrown in the water (take it off the pylon), jetski will suck it, they're screwed and they gotta buy u a new rope
-slingshot with rocks
-paintball gun
-balloon launcher hooked up to the tower

oh ya if the law comes around the best way to rid the evidence, throw it in the water. HAHAHAHAHA
Old     (strapdogg78)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-07-2004, 10:48 PM Reply   
This guy just would'nt quit, I guess he just loves yellow paint.
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-08-2004, 1:19 AM Reply   
Thats a great pic :-)

I'm thinking the paintball idea is a bit excessive but I know how you feel. But here's the best idea I've come up with:

Get an ice shaver (possibly could run it in the boat off an inverter, and they are cheap, $20-$30) then its snowball fun for the crew of the boat. It would make for great fun for people in the boat. It would hurt like hell if you hit someone at speed with a nice fat snowball, and all the evidence is immediately gone as the snowball would melt right away. And what water marshal would believe people in a boat hit you with a snowball? As long as you don't take out an eye, I think it is a flawless plan :-)
Old     (hoser325)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-08-2004, 4:43 PM Reply   
Blackmail is sweet. Go with the video footage, followed by confrontation, then negotioation. Give 'em a chioce: fill up the boat with gas, or submit the footage to the marshall. You'll find that they'll opt for the fill up. I'd prefer they fill my tank rather than pay a fine, wouldn't you?
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-08-2004, 7:27 PM Reply   
Shoot him with the paintball gun,when he cries say,
"I'm just trying to get a feel for what it will be like with a real gun".
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-08-2004, 7:51 PM Reply   
i like to edge out all the way. with a tight line. im waiting to decapitate one soon.
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-17-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
They were pretty bad on the public lake I used to ride. The worst one was on a Saturday, while riding near the boat ramp/park. A guy was riding a pwc away from shore, looking back his buddies showing off. He didn't see my boat, finally looked forward, freaked out and turned left, then realizing I was cutting out for a jump, he ended up going under my rope between me and the boat. The guy about pants.

Jerrod
Hypedrider7@yahoo.com
Old    dliguori            06-17-2004, 1:51 PM Reply   
Glad they don't allow those things on my home town lake!