Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       05-22-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
Where are you guys launching at this year? I put in at Discovery Park last weekend and already ruined my prop since the water was so low. Anyone know a deeper area to launch at on the river? I'd hate to be stupid and launch at the same spot and do it again.
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-22-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
Sean, took out my prop there to . I am now going to Folsom and Camp Far, untill the river comes up.
Old     (dnannen)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-22-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
I launch in Colusa Ca but that may be a drive for you. It has came up since the last couple weeks though about 2 feet. In April my buddy was riding and after he was done as he took his board off to get in the boat he started walking towards me in waist high water. It was crazy! I went out tuesday night and it was butter not as many fisherman either to bad this weekend is going to blow.
Old     (dyer)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-22-2008, 5:12 PM Reply   
We normally hit Garcia Bend on the week nights. We don't ride much on the weekends. Week nights are butter so long as there are no power turners out there. Lately there has been a super air on Wednesdays throwing some sweet power turns which is a bummer. Typically we keep our distance from them though and we all get good water.

I am trying to find out how much the season passes are for Miller and Garcia. I guess they started charging at both last year, but the kiosk at Garcia kept getting stolen. I can't seem to find anything on the price of the season pass on the web. Anybody know? I have seen $80 and I heard $140 from a guy that rode with us. It is $8.00/launch if you pay every time. I'm not sure how heavily enforced it is, but I don't really want to take the chance on my buddies rig.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-22-2008, 5:58 PM Reply   
I would stay off the river until Aug/Sept time frame. Continue to monitor the output of Folsom Dam and it will alert you to the levels at Discovery. IMO, Camp Far West, Delta, or Folsom would be you better options.
Old     (dnannen)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-22-2008, 8:44 PM Reply   
Ya right stay off the river....... nothin beats the rivers glass. On days like this weekend when there will be millions of people wind blowing 20mph the river will be smoothest.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-22-2008, 9:06 PM Reply   
^^^^fasho but lately even the river has been sorta choppy, thats how freaking windy its been!
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       05-28-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
Stay off the river till Aug/Sept? Wow don't think I can do that. I always go to Folsom but its always so choppy. Oh well, I guess beggers can't be choosers.

Season passes (last year) were like $85 if I remember right. Not too bad.

Where is Garcia Bend?
Old     (boardsoldier)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-28-2008, 2:40 PM Reply   
Hey Sean, this is Andrew Shaffer. I remember you wanted lessons a while back. Call me up, I'd be happy to help you out on the river.

~Andrew
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-28-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
Alamar has a good ramp. Its at the airport, then you can go downstream to the s-turns.
Old    kidrik            05-28-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
We've been hitting Garcia since early March, and haven't had a problem.........However, when the weather warms up, the "activity" in the parking lot increases....(saw two different vehicles on two different days broken into) We usually launch there on thursdays and avoid the weekends, but either way, proceed with caution! That being said, just south of this launch is where you can always find good water (even with 20 mph winds).... I can't wait to hit Folsom during the weekdays this summer......(damn teachers)
Old     (jed_peters)      Join Date: May 2008       05-28-2008, 7:16 PM Reply   
JDyer:

That was probably my poser ass driving for my buddy mike. I've since been schooled of the ways of the turn around, so no more power turning for me/us.

We'll be nice. Hit us up later on the water. I promise no more power turns!!!!!
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-28-2008, 9:13 PM Reply   
Alamar was good today.
Old     (dblockklsoldiers)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-29-2008, 8:02 AM Reply   
POWER TURNERS..... OH the best are when there tubing and just throwiing huge power turns, man I love those people.
Old     (dblockklsoldiers)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-29-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
They should band tubing from rivers.... Go to lakes.
Anyone second that?? lol
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-29-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
the left side dock (looking out from the ramp) is allways shallow. I never go to that side even if the river is up.
As far as a good place to launch you can go to alamar or go a little further south of discovery get off the freeway at Brodway and they have a nice large ramp with out shallow spots.

If you dont know the river, when the water is low its probaly a good idea to go with someone who dose or stay bellow downtown and their is not many shallow spots.
I launch out of verona and go north from their. If I hadent met a buddy of mine that has been going up their for years I probaly would not have ventured that far. The river looks like a creek in some spots up their.
Old     (dyer)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-29-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
Jed: No worries, everyone has to learn sometime. It makes total sense to not power turn once it is explained, but it didn't occur to me at first either. We ride my buddies black and white Sanger 215.

We were out at Garcia last night. It was pretty choppy with the wind. We still got in some good sets. The water was also a little more brisk than the last couple of times we have been out. It was hovering just under 62 degrees. Still manageable, but just a little more shocking when you jump in the first time.

I agree with Rik. If I take my car there, I normally make sure everything is out of it before I leave the house.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-29-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
Thats Miller park off broadway, good spot. Make sure u have 4x4 just in case because the launch is pretty steep and sand.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-29-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
Danny, I second that all the way, its like poweturning your way down the river, they always confuse me, they will be way off to my left, then suddenly cut in front of me to go to my right. I doubt there are many curteous boaters that tube.

Can't beat the Weekday Butter
Upload
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-29-2008, 10:06 PM Reply   
Trevor (hawk7) is that Verona? .... Man I miss the butter there!!
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-30-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
Robb, that's right next to Elkhorn.

I haven't seen the river in far too long, my dad says it's low, whats the status, anyone know?
Old     (jed_peters)      Join Date: May 2008       05-30-2008, 9:27 PM Reply   
I gotta preface my "power turning" was only on the turn-arounds to pick up fallen riders.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-02-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
Hey wakeviolater, update your profile! You are not 26 years old anymore! And while you are at it, why not tell people about your riding spot instead of directing them to "bannana bend."
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-02-2008, 8:53 PM Reply   
Hah, I like wakeviolators profile....

Seriously how is the river. I'm having withdrawls! I haven't ridden in 2 weeks!! I won't make it through finals week without a mid-week sesh!
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       06-05-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
I was going to hit up Folsom this weekend but I hear its going to be a zoo and want to get some wakeboarding in. Anyone hit up Alamar this week? Is it shallow? I may try Alamar. Thanks for the advice WakeViolater....so where is your place to wakeboard? Hmm hmm....? I usually ride at banana bend but only because I don't know any other place. I'm scared of messing up my prop because its my last one and I havn't even dropped off my other one yet to be fixed, I'll be down for 2 weeks.
Old     (dyer)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-13-2008, 7:31 AM Reply   
Here's a shot of last night on the river. I wasn't able to go out last night, but at least I have good friends to rub it in my face. Hopefully the wind will stay calm more often and we will get more days like this.Upload
Old    kidrik            06-13-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
dyer, where were they? It was incredible yesterday! The river looked like that the entire time we rode!
Oh, sorry, looks like I rubbed it in as well.....
my bad.

Good times
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-13-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
We were around banana bend last night in a slammed white moomba... What boat were you fellas in?
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-13-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
Rik... I think we saw you. You should put some WW stickers on your Calabria!
Old     (dyer)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-13-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
They were just south of Garcia Bend. They are in my buddies Black and White 215. The other big news was that one of our other regulars landed his TS 540 last night.

Where exactly is Banana Bend? I hear it mentioned a lot, but I'm not sure where it is.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-13-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
Between I5 and I80 at the S bend.
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-13-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
I did my first W2W last night on that Slammed Moomba. BTW we took a lot of rollers LOL

(Message edited by jay_g on June 13, 2008)
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-13-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
that was a blast last night. thanks again guys! I hope that stuipd "W" stays away for ever and our water stays glassy the rest of the year. I know its not thier fault, but I hate it when metiorologists say "gusts to...". my dog would be better at that job. "woof, woof!" same thing.

Is it me, or does it seem like there are alot less boats on the water now-a-days? im not complaining, but I think fuel prices have made it too expensive for peep's to take thier boats out, and we are getting better water conditions. It's a trade off, but I am still willing to pay more per set to get better water.
Old     (linz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-13-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
So true, so true. Last night's water was fantastic!
Thanks for letting me play too! I couldn't wipe the smile off my face after my second set. Attila-it's on for next time though...I'm feeling a comeback.
Old     (dyer)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-13-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
Attilia-

Thanks for the note. I've been up there. That is some nice water. Most of our crew lives in Elk Grove, so Garcia is the most logical spot for us. Luckily with the high gas prices there is enough good water to go around.

See you all out there sometime soon I hope. We're looking at next Wednesday right now.
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-13-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
Lindsey #2 Attila #3
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-13-2008, 11:37 AM Reply   
Jay... don't go there...

Where is Kristen with the pics?

Who is Attilia?

(Message edited by attila916 on June 13, 2008)

(Message edited by attila916 on June 13, 2008)
Old    kidrik            06-13-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
Attilia, definitely saw you guys in the Moomba! That bee-etch WAS slammed! Looked good! I rode with a couple of guys I just met through another buddy.......They were first timers who had a blast! I think they're hooked.

dyer, there's always good water just south of Garcia! I'm sure you were right there on it! Tell your buddy congrats......

Jay- Congrats also! (hope those rollers weren't all from us.......)
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-13-2008, 5:48 PM Reply   
knights landing is pretty bad right now. I went out today to try a new trick for this weekends DRA and I fell, and as the current was pulling me back Iwas dragged accross either a giant rock, log, or pipe, [not floating, deffinately stationary] either way it had to be pretty close to the surface as I hit it while floating. we bent our prop again. good news: I got A new trick!
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-13-2008, 10:29 PM Reply   
Trevor where at in KL below 1st beach? Good luck at the DRA this weekend and don't throw any rocks.
Old     (escapade4k)      Join Date: May 2006       06-17-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
Ummm...Just found the post.
Thought Jay would make a new one to celebrate his W2W!!!
Sorry again the card was full. Should have just deleted all of Attilia's pics real fast to make room.
But hey, I kept the ones of Attila, so all's good
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-17-2008, 10:11 PM Reply   
Jay, just found this post. Thanks again for the pulls!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attila, sorry I didn't get a chance to go out with you. I just got super busy. Also, for a while there, I wasn't feeling so good.
Old     (escapade4k)      Join Date: May 2006       06-17-2008, 11:12 PM Reply   
There were boats, there were planes, there was Al flying through the air with the greatest of ease
Upload
Old     (escapade4k)      Join Date: May 2006       06-17-2008, 11:19 PM Reply   
Attila jumping higher than the trees
Upload
Old     (escapade4k)      Join Date: May 2006       06-17-2008, 11:22 PM Reply   
Lindsey making a sweet grab
Upload
Old     (escapade4k)      Join Date: May 2006       06-17-2008, 11:29 PM Reply   
Jay clearing the wake! Congrats again, my man
Upload
Old     (escapade4k)      Join Date: May 2006       06-17-2008, 11:31 PM Reply   
and Robb, being...Robb
Upload
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-18-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
Hey Rik, I think that is your boat in the background...
Old     (linz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-19-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
What a great day that was! Thanks Kristen for the new pic. Always good to see the stills and learn from them. I can't wait to see more. :-)
/clipart{proud}
Everybody rode awesome that day!
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-19-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
Looking good guys
Old     (jed_peters)      Join Date: May 2008       06-19-2008, 10:01 PM Reply   
Fun stuff on the river w/ Rik, Atilla, Kristen, and Mike.

Thanks a ton for the pulls, Rik!
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-19-2008, 10:59 PM Reply   
Good times, thanks Rik.

Jed, Mike, catch you next time. Can we come up with a better riding spot? The floating trash and waste water treatment plant talk kind of got to me...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-19-2008, 11:19 PM Reply   
that's a nice board you got there, robb.
Old     (jed_peters)      Join Date: May 2008       06-20-2008, 6:34 AM Reply   
Attilla--why you gotta bag on the spot?

Yeah, yeah. you're just an upriver snob!
Old    kidrik            06-20-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
Jed- I think if he had worn the "red" vest, all would be good!

Hey- great time! Nice riding and partying with you all. Thanks for everything!

Attilla- hope your "boyz" feel better......My azz is screaming a little! (does that make me gay?) Oh, and Thanks for pushing us into the backroll competition....

Kristin, keep chargin' girl! Good times
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-20-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
Jeff, I'm not sure what the names of the coves are, all I know is its north of the boat ramp I put in at, about 700 yards.
Old     (escapade4k)      Join Date: May 2006       06-21-2008, 10:09 PM Reply   
Rik-
Thanks again! I thought the location was great, Fun to have a different background for a change. Still working on the pics. I got a little carried away and there are hundreds to go through. Here's a sample to tide you over.
Upload
Old     (jed_peters)      Join Date: May 2008       06-21-2008, 10:21 PM Reply   
Hey, what about tiding ME over????

LOL. Nice shot!
Old    kidrik            06-21-2008, 10:27 PM Reply   
Jed- You're killin' me smallz.... Oh, and at least she likes "the spot"...

Looks like I gotta go "big potty" in that shot.....

Thanks Kristin. I can't wait to hook up again! It was a blast, and would have been better if Jed quit handing me those cans with holes in 'em.........
Old     (dnannen)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-22-2008, 12:56 AM Reply   
Took out my prop by meridian last weekend. This weekend I rode my buddies wakesetter. Here is a video from the sac riv.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OiJvxZ-xuxsJust got my tantrum down.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=roQ82g1_jPoThis is my buddy dustin.