Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    boardline23            08-05-2004, 8:00 PM Reply   
Where would you be without wakeboarding and what would you be doing right now?

Me: Getting A's instead of C's in school and practing tromborne and guitar for the school band
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-05-2004, 8:04 PM Reply   
haha i ask myself that question every weekend/time i go out.... i honestly dont know. im sure i would have alot more money though
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-05-2004, 8:24 PM Reply   
I would skateboard more and get hurt all the time. I would still be 240lbs (i lost 70lbs for wakeboarding). I would have nothing to work for and nothing to spend money except worthless junk. Wouldnt practice on the trampoline. Wouldnt work out every night. My school work would still be good. I wouldnt have any goals. I would play guitar and drums more. Our band would actually hold practices weekly instead of wakeboarding.
Old    proskier            08-05-2004, 8:26 PM Reply   
i would be water skiing everyday.....
Old    kryft            08-05-2004, 8:35 PM Reply   
I'd also be fatter, probably have more of a social life because I'd hang with my non-wakeboarding friends(all of em) more often. I would've been valedictorian. My girlfriend would probably stop being so pissed off at me for wakeboarding without her, but that's only because her parents won't let her. I'd also be pale and would probably be playing guitar in a band.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-05-2004, 8:39 PM Reply   
I'd have more time for surfing skating and riding moto.
Old    deltahoosier            08-05-2004, 10:10 PM Reply   
Getting more things done, more money in the bank account, traveling more, playing more softball,
Old     (hypoxic_films)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-05-2004, 10:20 PM Reply   
filming water and trying to sell vidoes of still water, that wouldnt work out so i would probably besitting at a computer typing about nothing ...........o wait
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-06-2004, 5:33 AM Reply   
I would have ALOT more money, when I took a vacation, it would be like the Corona commercial, now every vacation is centered around competitions. Nationals in two weeks, nice little getaway but nerve wracking until the last ride is over. With the new scheduling, the boys are riding on Saturday and Sunday instead of Thursday and Friday. Used to get the riding over with and have a couple of days of hanging out and doing the sight seeing thing, now Saturday and sunday spent getting kids to the dock, and nail biting. I see no Corona commercials in my near future.
Old    r_dub            08-06-2004, 5:40 AM Reply   
Id be in my garage, working with some different materials for this really cool idea that Ive come up with. It would be kinda like surfing, buttttt, you would be getting pulled behind a boat!. Hmmmmm, what should I call my new invention?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-06-2004, 5:45 AM Reply   
Well I wouldn't have a fractured leg since right now is all I know. Thats a tough question. I think I would of gone into art more. Maybe have a long standing girlfriend (YEW Boring, lol).
I think my life is alot better with wakeboarding.
Oh and I'd also think I'd be really fat.
Old    walt            08-06-2004, 5:51 AM Reply   
I would be fishing on the ocean every week instead of wakeboarding. Wakeboarding has worked out well because My son can go with Me now...I never felt safe bringing Him out on the ocean in a 19ft boat.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-06-2004, 5:54 AM Reply   
Instead of golf on Fridays and wakeboarding on Saturday and Sunday with the family. It would be golf on Fridays, golf on Saturdays, and golf on Sundays, and then probably would come the divorce.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-06-2004, 9:23 AM Reply   
This is going to sound pretty cheesy but, I really think that I would have got in a lot more trouble as a kid. I can honestly remember as a child being in situations where I thought to myself, hmmm if I go with my friends and do that, will I be able to go wakeboarding this weekend. I really think that wakeboarding keep me on the straight and narrow as I was growing up.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-06-2004, 9:41 AM Reply   
alot richer
Old    jack_cheese            08-06-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
lying face down in a gutter
Old    big_t            08-09-2004, 8:37 PM Reply   
skiing. All i think about now is wakeboarding, before i got into wakeboarding, all i thought about was waterskiing.
Old     (mosdefn14)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-09-2004, 8:53 PM Reply   
not spending 5 days a week at rehab/physical therapy
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-09-2004, 9:02 PM Reply   
i know what your saying shawn...everytime i do something wrong my dad grounds me by making me miss wakeboarding. I think its unfair that he takes away something that I only do once a week. He should keep me off the computer or something like that. Not something I look forward to every weekend. When we dont wakeboard on the weekends its the most boring house in the world. No one does sh**, we just sit around and get fat. America is fat enough, my dad supports the cause by taking away wakeboarding. Plus he screws all my other friends who look forward to wakeboarding. I try to do nothing wrong but i still manage anyways.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-09-2004, 9:05 PM Reply   
wondering where to find a third
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-09-2004, 10:09 PM Reply   
I would be traveling the world surfing perfect waves with Slater, Hobgoods and Irons........ or something like that.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2004, 10:16 PM Reply   
I wouldn't have a broken leg right now...but I also might not have so many stories to tell either :-)
Old    jonnyrotten79            08-09-2004, 11:51 PM Reply   
u know the usually practicing my double backflips on my dirtbike along with my 900 on my skateboard and a switch 360 rodeo on my snowboard
Old    tutman            08-10-2004, 1:10 AM Reply   
Probably at home asleep since I wouldn't be so far behind in work from skippin' out every day early and coming in late.