Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-31-2004, 7:30 PM Reply   
Over the past year or two I have obtained what I think should get me some pretty good results in digital video/still. This is what I have...

MAC Powerbook G4 with Superdrive
iLife Suite
Photoshop
Final Cut Pro
Canon Elura 40MC Mini DV
Waterproof housing
Canon EOS Digital Rebel
Tamron 28-300 lens

I am pretty good with iMovie and making movies etc. Dont know how to use FInal Cut Pro or how to make DVD menus etc.

I have not had my EOS Digital Rebel for very long... so any tips in trying to get nice clear pics of the rider would be of great help.

Also how do I limit camera shake while on the boat at long focal lengths...

Any photographers out there that can help me out...

I know NOTHING about shutter speeds.. aperature settings... so you must talk in simple terms...

I need the exact step by step What To Do....

Thank you for your help!!!!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-01-2004, 8:28 AM Reply   
If you're serious about doing this ditch iMovie and learn FCP. Since you've got a Superdrive and iLife you have iDVD. This is fine for doing basic DVD menus and will give you a quality DVD as long as your content isn't over 90 minutes. iDVD uses the same QT engine as DVD Studio Pro except that it doesn't allow you to set the data rate, but it's good as long as your project isn't too long. Shooting at higher shutter speeds (800th+) will help with cam shake with the Rebel and make sure your steady shot (or whatever they call it) is on with the elura. There's too much info to do a step by step, you need to learn to use it all but needless to say you've definitely got everything you need to do a quality project IMHO.
Old                02-24-2004, 7:59 PM Reply   
With the Dreb take a step out of the ordinary and use the P mode. If you are feeling lucky even try manual mode jsut play for a day or two. Go to www.dpreview.com and look in the 300d forum for a while and obtain some knowledge(dont be discouraged by people who complain when you ask a question that it a beginer one, they will always do it.)
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-25-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
In order to learn your Digital Rebel you must be willing to spend hours on learning its ernormous capablities. A forum will not teach you everything, you must experiment and have lots of trial and error. My best advice would be to view this site, http://www.photoworkshop.com/canon/index.html. The lessons here are very informative, I frequently visit this site. This should point you in the right direction.
Old                02-25-2004, 12:34 PM Reply   
For Final Cut Pro check out the book Final Cut Pro 4 Editing Essentials by Tom Wolsky. You can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1578202272/qid=1077741065/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/002-7453025-3280064?v=glance&s=books

I am learning Final Cut Express 2 now and I have his book on it. His teaching method is very easy to follow. FCP is a very complicated program so you really need to sit down and go through some structured lessons like this. As for DVD menus you will already have iDVD since you have iLife but you may want to consider DVD Studio Pro if you really get into making movies.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-25-2004, 1:13 PM Reply   
it seems like you have a pretty solid set up you should post some pics and vids that you have.
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-25-2004, 5:12 PM Reply   
You got a nice set up but...if you really want to edit a good sized film with no hasle, get a desk top G5 or G4