Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       08-01-2012, 6:43 AM Reply   
Last Saturday we had a T-Bone accident in my brand new 2012 VW Touareg TDI. I just got the vehicle 10 days before. Fiancé & I and I walked away, my shoulders and neck are really sore and Susan has a little cut on the forehead and sore chest from the air bag impact.

Here is what happened if you care to read on. This is a stretch of road that is winding and down hill, 4 lanes wide "active" We were in the left lane headed south, apparently the Mustang was coming up the hill North at a high rate of speed "Drunk" and clipped the Lexis in the rear driver side bumper sending him left of center directly into us, our impact sent him into the right south bound lane and into another car. Both the Mustang and Impala drivers had to be cut out of the cars. All I remeber is talking to Susan and a split second I see the green Mustang, and the guys look of horror and "Bam" I never touched the brake. I just remember saying What the "F", never got the F word out. I am a huge Indy fan and do remember instinctively taking my hands off the wheel just before impact as the race drivers do. As I think it through, pretty sure he must have been racing another car, why else would he swerve left of center??? Not sure only got to talk to the Lexis driver briefly.

The Touareg is a beast, I will be getting another one, the car did not move from the lane at impact. Automatically, it cut the engine, put on the emergency brake, put all 4 windows down about 2" and turned on the emergency flashers. Still cannot believe we walked away. Susan was taken to the hospital for a chest X-ray as a precaution but is OK. The Mustang did not fair to well. The officer did tell me he was cited, was in the hospital and unconscious, That's all the details I have at this point, no idea if he has Insurance.

We leave for Norris on Thursday, this was going to be the first real test of the Touareg on a long trip, guess I will be renting a Truck for the trip. Also, thank goodness I was not towing the boat, as this route is our typical way a,most every weekend...
Attached Images