Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-29-2011, 11:11 AM Reply   
I've always had a problem with the location of the cleats on my 2005 23 LSV. They are so low that a standard bumper doesn't protect the boat from dock rash even when pulled up all the way to the cleat. It isn't usually an issue on our home lake because we almost never put it on a dock, but we often dock it at Tahoe to go eat or get gas or whatever. Has anyone else had this issue and can anyone suggest a workable solution? Thanks
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-29-2011, 11:18 AM Reply   
Tie the fender to the dock.

Or use a poly-ball to stand her off more.
Old     (whoanellie)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-29-2011, 11:20 AM Reply   
Use Hippity Hops (Kids inflatable toys) as your fenders. You can hang them from the cleat with a very short rope or from the dock line by running the line through the handle.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-29-2011, 11:31 AM Reply   
We tie to the tower for tall docks or one of the grab rails.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-29-2011, 12:56 PM Reply   
Thanks for those suggestions. I've used the tower and the dock at times but sometimes the dock cleats aren't where the boat is and the tower is just one point, etc. The polyballs sound like the way to go. I'll give it a try. Haven't heard of that toy though, I'll check that out as well.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-29-2011, 1:26 PM Reply   
hippity hops.... we all use them and they are cheaper and way gentler on your gel coat...
You will find them at toys r us
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       06-29-2011, 2:19 PM Reply   
As stated hippity hops are your friend. I found mine at target for 6 bucks each! beats the hell out fenders anyday!
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-29-2011, 3:22 PM Reply   
X3 on hippity hops, got four on my boat and haven't used regular bumpers since.
Old     (lgndracer)      Join Date: May 2008       06-29-2011, 5:13 PM Reply   
What size Hippity Hop are you guys using? They come in 18", 22" and 26".

Also, are you inflating them as you need them? Carrying a couple of 22" inflated bouncy balls takes up a fair amount of space.
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-29-2011, 5:36 PM Reply   
18" is what I am using. I found them for $12 each on amazon with free prime shipping, and I inflate them as I need them.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-29-2011, 6:16 PM Reply   
Not sure what size mine are. I would say 18"-22". It is the only size they sell at Toys R Us and they have logos for different cartoons on them. I keep 4 inflated on my boat at all time. I have tons of storage so it does not disrupt anything, but many of our friends just blow them up when they pull up to the dock or a tie up. I like to fill mine fuller and use a pump or an air compressor, but even the ones that people blow up by mouth are perfectly fine and only takes a minute.