Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-12-2011, 9:59 AM Reply   
Ok guys and girls, we are going to have a Wake the World event in Alabama this year. It will be held June 27th and 28th at Silver Rock Cove on Smith Lake. We will be partnering up with Big Oak's Ranch children's home for this years event. I am expecting around 100 kids give or take and we will be doing boys one day and girls one day. So if anyone is still interested in donating yor time or boat please let me know so I can start getting everything together. Also if anyone wants to make a cash donation we are setting up a fund through my church at Riverchase United Methodist. Just make sure you let them know that it is for Wake the World. After going to Greg's event last year in North Carolina I can honestly say this is one of the best events I have ever been apart of. If you have never seen or heard of this event you really should come check it out. You can contact me if your interested at:

sidetracked3@yahoo.com or call me at 205-382-0516

I hope to see some of you there.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-12-2011, 10:08 AM Reply   
Email on the way!
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-12-2011, 12:46 PM Reply   
www.ALwake.com has already jumped on board and offered to bring some guys to help teach. And possibly have some others willing to volunteer.

Also, www.bustedknucklefilms.com has agreed to video the event for us and offered their sport nautique for both days.

I am also waiting on some emails from other people who have offered to volunteer time and boats. Will keep everyone updated.
Old     (JDubs)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-12-2011, 2:55 PM Reply   
I can bring a boat
jward@dynasplint.com
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-12-2011, 6:33 PM Reply   
Please let me know what kind of boat and how many people it can carry. Also if you will be able to make it both days or just one day. Please remember that this event will be on a Monday and Tuesday so it will not be as crowded on the lake. I know some people cant take off work for 2 days.
Old     (JDubs)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-12-2011, 7:09 PM Reply   
No problem taking off. 2004 Super Air 210. Holds about 8-10
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-13-2011, 7:29 AM Reply   
Also if you could email your information I would appreciate it. I also need everyone's name and number in case I need to contact you. Already have 3 boats confirmed.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-13-2011, 8:02 AM Reply   
Facebook Jason Long and Dustin Middlebrooks as well. They are Wakefactory/Gville guys that own boats and I'm sure they'd be down.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-13-2011, 9:18 AM Reply   
I found Dustin and sent him a request but there were to many jason long's. If you talk to him tell him to contact me.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-13-2011, 10:14 AM Reply   
For sure.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-17-2011, 2:22 PM Reply   
Bump, come on guys, where is everyone?
Old     (JDubs)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-17-2011, 4:02 PM Reply   
Could just be the time of year. Not many Alabama guys are checking out WW right now. I don't know. Just a guess.
Old     (wakedork)      Join Date: May 2009       01-17-2011, 5:59 PM Reply   
I'm in to coach or do whatever else I can. Don't have a boat but will do whatever else.
Old     (tdub)      Join Date: May 2009       01-17-2011, 7:11 PM Reply   
Along with Heath, I had the pleasure of attending the event in NC last year. It was a great time and very rewarding. If you are in the region and can help out in any way, you will be glad that you did. It is a great event for the kids.

As soon as I get a couple final details sorted out, I will starting a similar thread for TN.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-17-2011, 10:13 PM Reply   
You can confirm my boat! You know I will be there!

Ryan says he is flying up from Texas for WTW NC (June 20 & 21)Then is traveling with my family for WTW NC west (June 23), then on to Alabama for WTW AL !!!

We are looking forward to seeing everyone!
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-18-2011, 9:12 AM Reply   
Good deal. We need all the help we can get. Shane, if you can send me an email with your info I would appreciate it.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-19-2011, 11:20 AM Reply   
Great to hear a date set Heath. I have it marked on my calendar and will do whatever I can to help out. I'm right around the corner from Silverrock.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-19-2011, 7:06 PM Reply   
So you think you be able to make both days? And can we count your boat in? And if you know anyone else you can contact Chris please do. And let me know. Thanks
Old     (JDubs)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-19-2011, 7:27 PM Reply   
How far is Silverrock from Big Bridge (ryans creek) by water?
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-20-2011, 7:01 AM Reply   
it is about a 45 min ride give or take.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-20-2011, 10:57 AM Reply   
Silverrock is right at 30 miles by water from big bridge if I remember correctly.

Heath: My boat is a closed bow Nautique - holds 6 people max. I'll definately bring it down if you need me to. More than happy to work as a spotter or instructor on another boat as well if that helps out more. I am looking at my work schedule now and trying to get off both days. I will let you know for sure ASAP.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-20-2011, 2:10 PM Reply   
I think that Jeff Lowe is going to make the trip with us from North Carolina and pull his yellow Malibu.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-21-2011, 4:53 AM Reply   
Heath, I dont know if anyone has gotten in touch with Jason Long yet, but I just sent him a link to this thread.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-21-2011, 5:04 AM Reply   
Also posted info on the local boating forum and its getting some interest over there. Hopefully you will be hearing from some of those guys soon.

Here is the link if you want to comment over there.

http://hornbucklemarine.net/phpBB3/v...php?f=10&t=145
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-26-2011, 10:04 AM Reply   
We just had Rambo Marine, a local boat dealer come on board and will be bringing a brand new Master Craft with them. Glad to have them join us.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-31-2011, 11:32 AM Reply   
Here's the latest video. It was created by Wake the World Texas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXs5zTQYBc0
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-31-2011, 11:52 AM Reply   
Just watched it. That was AWESOME!!!! I will have to post that to WAKE the Wolrd AL facebook page. Great job.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-11-2011, 8:40 PM Reply   
Congratulations on getting all the boats! I haven't even started with North Carolina's boat list yet. Right after Wake N Flake I will start.
Old     (ldeisel42)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-13-2011, 3:05 PM Reply   
How many boats have you gotten for each day?
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       02-13-2011, 6:48 PM Reply   
well counting mine we are at about 14. 1 or 2 people can only make it 1 day. But I think we will have plenty of boats by the time of the event. I have a few people in my neighbor hood that I have not even asked yet. Now we need to lock down the food. I really cant wait, this is going to be so much fun.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-15-2011, 3:53 AM Reply   
I'm stoked this is gaining steam!!!! See everybody in June!
Old     (ldeisel42)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-15-2011, 4:14 AM Reply   
I am excited about the event as well. I am one if the ones that can only make one day but I wish I could make it two.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       02-15-2011, 6:35 AM Reply   
Well I am glad everyone is getting excited. Just wait till it gets here. You will be hooked after the first event. I think Greg is the blessed one, he gets to travel around and go to multiple events and see what he has created. I really can't wait for June to get here. This will be the longest 4 months in my life. I also would like to try and get a few of the local people together before the event so we can meet each other. And I wanted to talk to some of you to see if you would be interested in putting on a show for the kids before the event starts. Just to show them what can be done on a wakeboard. I think seeing some of you doing tricks before hand might get them motivated to try it for themself. Just an idea.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-15-2011, 7:31 PM Reply   
Yes, I am very excited to see others get the same joy and satisfaction I get from these events. A very busy 11 days in June for me! Live and breath WTW during that time with 5 days on the water, 5 days of traveling to/setting up for an event and one day of "rest" (ha ha).

You might want to wait and do a demo late in the day. Sometimes seeing big tricks makes them less motivated, (especially girls for some reason)
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-16-2011, 5:19 AM Reply   
I cant wait! Its going to be a great event that hopefully we can really build on to make better and better as the years go by. Heath, I'll be looking for you on the water as soon as the weather gets warm.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       02-16-2011, 8:33 AM Reply   
Well I cant wait to get back out there. I have a few upgrades I am planning on my boat too. My wife bought me the ws420 for my birthday and I am waiting on some fly high 750lbs bags to get here. Hopefully will be a big upgrade from my 400lbs bags. So I cant wait for spring to get here.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-13-2011, 5:34 AM Reply   
Heath, How goes preparation for the event? Anything I can do to help let me know, especially as we get closer to the dates. I'll be down at the lake most weekends from here on out.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-13-2011, 6:41 AM Reply   
Everything is going GREAT. We have enough boats for both days. We also have someone donating dinner for both days. We have collected about 36 cases of water which should be enough for both days. We also have people putting goody bags together for all of the kids. We still need to start collecting other drinks like coke, pepsi, mtn dew ect.. for the kids to have for lunch and dinner. We are still working on finding someone to donate lunch for both days but I am prepared to cover that if we cant find anyone. We can just do hamburgers and hot dogs. And we are still working on getting shirts made for everyone. It has amazed me how much people have stepped up to help out with this. We will start coming down on weekends soon and maybe we can get together. I would like to get as many of the volunteers together for 1 evening before the event just to brainstorm. I have tried to tell everyone that it might be a little unorganized this year until we figure out how all of this is going to work. This being our first year. But I am sure it will all come together. Everyone seems to be really excited including myself. I will let you know when we are down there next. And if you think of anything we could or should do let me know.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-13-2011, 11:08 AM Reply   
Sounds great. Keep us updated on how things progress. A volunteers / drivers meeting prior to the event would be good, Make sure everyone is on the same page and knows what to expect.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-13-2011, 11:37 AM Reply   
Let us know as soon as you nail down a day for the volunteer meeting prior to the event so we can make plans to attend! Should be fun!!
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-13-2011, 2:10 PM Reply   
No problem, I will let you know
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-01-2011, 12:56 PM Reply   
Guys it is getting close and we almost have everything in order. I sent out a mass email to everyone I think was interested so if you did not get one please contact me and let me know.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-13-2011, 7:48 PM Reply   
Only 2 weeks away!!