Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (boardn197)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-25-2009, 8:40 PM Reply   
I've seen some reviews about the 09 VLX mentioning the addition of a 750 lbs bag on the surf side locker makes a huge difference but not much more info is included. I'm an avid wakeboarder but would like to wake surf more to give my knees a break and find something to do when it gets rough. Any information on speed, if you fill all four tanks and if the power wedge is used where you position it would be a huge help. Sorry I'm a new wake surfer. Currently a 160 pounder on a 4' 9" Broadcast if that matters.
Thanks for the help in advance.
Old     (k_b_stephens)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-26-2009, 6:02 AM Reply   
In my '08 VLX, fill all tanks except the opposite surf side and add another sack in the surf side locker and, if lite on people, one on the seat...we run a 500 lbs sacks. Speed wise, we run anywhere from 9.5 to 12.5 depending on what board and who's surfing. Basically, get that boat gangsta leaning and play with the weight by moving people around.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       06-26-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
Hey brad I am the one who did the right up on the 09 vlx. for that boat you want to fill the center tank bow tank and rear surf side tank. then add a 750 in the locker. set the wedge in the 8 o`clock position to start. you can tweek the wedge depending on the size of your crew but 8 is a good starting point. run between 10.2 and 11.2 mph. this will give you a very nice wave that can be surfed ropeless with no problems.This is what the wave should look like.

Upload
Old     (boardn197)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
Thanks for the quick responses and help with not filling the non surf side tank, speed and wedge position. Won't be able to try it out for about a week but will let you know how it goes when I do.
Old     (mark0157)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-21-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
We have a 09 VLX that produces a better wake on the left then the right...problem is a couple of us surf right. Anyone else have this issue or know how to correct it?

Thanks
Old     (hdchapman)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-22-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
I have 08 so I realize the hull is different but I run all MLS full except the offside, a 900 in the surfside locker, a 750 or 540 on the surfside seat and a 350 in the bow. Run 10-10.4 mph with wedge between 9 and 12 o'clock.

Upload

Mark0157 this probably due to a combo of too much wedge and the prop rotation. My goofy side wake can handle more wedge and the wave is cleaner. On my regular side I find I have to back the wedge off to clean the wake up on occasion. BTW- Dailing in your surf wake is like being a mad scientist. Every trip out we make minor adjustments based on fuel, conditions and peeps in the boat. Have fun!
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-22-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
i have a 08 i changed the prop 2 times to get a better shot and i cant get out of the hole if my wedge is not at 6 o clock !! someone had this problem ??