Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old    jositox27            12-15-2004, 6:34 PM Reply   
Hey I am a cable rider, but I was interested in riding behind boat. Anyone know any good lakes in south florida. If so thanks in advanced!
Old    xtremebordgurl            12-15-2004, 10:12 PM Reply   
Have you ever ridden with Dean Lavelle on Crystal lake? Its a pretty nice setup he has there, when I was riding I used to do all my riding behind the boat with him and then cable for the rest of the time at rixen. It does at up in $$ tho but if you go regularly he lowers the price for you. He's a super nice guy, and an EXCELLENT coach, I highly recomend him. Other than that I can't really help you cause I don't have a boat myself down here, so sorry for the lack of info. Good luck with the search tho, if I find a good one or hear anything I'll keep you posted.
Old    jositox27            12-16-2004, 5:32 AM Reply   
Thanks bess. Actually no I have never ridden at crystal lake but I have sure heard about it, and im thinking of going there and staying a few days over the summer.

-- Anyone else know any other lakes in south florida
Old     (wakeboarddad01)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-16-2004, 5:16 PM Reply   
You can ride at Lake Osborne in Lantana/Lake Worth just north of Boca Raton. Nice lake nice water and nice wakeboarders.... We ride there all the time.. Also GREAT RAMPS !!! GOOD LUCK
Old    jositox27            12-16-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
Thanks mike, and even though im young (15)

Maybe sometime I could get a pull.. ??

I would help out with gas money and whatever else
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-16-2004, 6:17 PM Reply   
i rode at deans once, the lake was SOOO choppy, and it was only us so i never went back. is it always choppy cause i would like to ride the boat
Old    jositox27            12-16-2004, 6:22 PM Reply   
I think that was just a bad day, becaue Ive heard a lot of good things about Crystal Lake (deans lake.. pretty much) Im going there this summer ;)

EDIT: by the way mike i talked to you and your a dad so forget about giving me a pull. Not that there is anything about being a dad, but you told me you normally go out with your family and well i wouldnt fit in there.

Anyone else though up for giving me a pull.. EMAIL ME

(Message edited by jositox27 on December 16, 2004)
Old    xtremebordgurl            12-16-2004, 8:06 PM Reply   
It's like 50/50 cause some days it'll be really choppy and a lot of the time its perfect glass, depends on the wind. There is almost always a glassy spot on that lake tho, I would recomend giving it a second chance but find out what the weather is doing first.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-17-2004, 7:47 AM Reply   
Dean is a super nice guy and a great instructor.
We had really nice water, but I think it can get choppy with a strong west wind.
Old    ematthew            12-27-2004, 7:00 AM Reply   
I rode with Dean this past week and it was great. The lake was calm, and he really is a terrific instructer. He was excellent with my younger kids as well. I would highly recommend riding with him on Crystal Lake if you are in south Florida.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-27-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
i really hate being negative, but i have have been pretty dissapointed with south florida lakes.

central florida is where its at.
Old    xtremebordgurl            12-28-2004, 9:53 PM Reply   
not to come across as rude or anything but.. a lake is a lake, its a body of water, yea some are a lot better tahn others but the only reason central florida has become a hub for wakeboarding is because thats where the photographers/pros/mags are at. Its like hollywood, if you want to be in a big movie as a star actor you move out west, if you want to be a star wakeboarder you move to orlando. There is just as much talent and good riding in south florida and the rest of the country as there is in central fl. The only reason I rbing it up is cause it bums me out to think of all the potential of so many kids and the ones who make it are the ones that can afford to move to Orlando. And everyone talks about orlando like its the only place on earth that has wakeboarding or good lakes to ride on. Ok thats a bit extreme but you know what I mean. Everyone idolizes it like its some sort of heaven. I know I used to think like that but my thoughts of o-town have changed quite a bit over the past year. Anywho, not saying its a bad place, just that its not the only place that 'it's at.'}
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-29-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
it is much cheaper to live in central FL than south FL. trust me on that one. also, the lakes are FAR better. butta all day long no matter what the wind is like (thanks to the cypress trees) and very few other boats. I am excluding the main orlando chains in this statement.
Old     (brian0384)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-08-2005, 4:06 PM Reply   
i just moved down to south florida(davie) too, and i was a little disappointed with the lakes or riding waters available as well. But if anyone with a boat willing to take on a college student as a xtra driver/rider email me, i'm an avid rider and would like to find more people/places to ride with in south florida and turn my disappointment around!!
Old     (wakeboardqueen)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-08-2005, 4:10 PM Reply   
what about lake worth i passed it on my way to the keys ... or is that for like pros or something
Old    drewsky24            01-08-2005, 5:38 PM Reply   
theres a good lake in miami.
there website is...

miamiwakeboard.com
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-09-2005, 7:29 PM Reply   
brian, do you goto nova cause thats where i go in davie. i live in palm trace, we should hit up rixen some time
Old     (brian0384)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-10-2005, 5:59 AM Reply   
no i go to BCC but same area, yea i've been meaning to check it out,never been there