Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       09-09-2004, 8:48 PM Reply   
ok i had 5 people in the back as we made our way across some rough water. crusin along i guess every ine in the back seat was leaning back like they were in a fat joe video cause the seat slid forward off the rear support and bent to the floor. The rear seat on these things are kinda a joke. the have support on three sides when they are in the down position this works ok , till it slides forward. Also you can put the seat up on the arm rests so it has a sun deck like a v-drive. kinda cool but the seat was like a wet noodle...now we got a solid dance floor!!! i made the frame from 1 1/4 alum.
pic 036
pic
pic
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       09-09-2004, 8:49 PM Reply   
Jude,
Looks good. Just in time for this weekend
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       09-09-2004, 8:55 PM Reply   
ohh you know it brian its on for the weekend...caveman style!!! we going pre-historic
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-10-2004, 3:31 PM Reply   
I thought about raising my rear seat a bit to let the ballast bag fill more...sometimes I have a large weighted innertube filled with sand and sealed..then wrapped in a blanket and towel, it sits right betweent he engine hatch and rear seat and that works to keep the ballast bag from falling out from under the seat..also gave rear passengers a nice little foot rest...(my boat..an 02 does not have the supports for the rear ballast.. the bag simply sits under the seat..i noticed the 05 made a special compartment..but..now the ballast bag can't fill as much...not too sure what your 04 would be like...
your rear seat support looks sweet!

Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       09-10-2004, 9:23 PM Reply   
maxwell , my 04 thge bag just sits on the floor. I wish it was in a compartment or blocked off. the one good thing about it being out in the open is that when trailering the bimini need to fit under the rear seat so it will clear the passengers seat..do you have any pic's of that 05 ballest
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-11-2004, 12:29 PM Reply   
here is a shot of the 05 9-new tower et all..the interior is nice..next time I am out to the dealer I will grab some shots of the rear ballast "wall" other things I noticed not too sure if yours ahs it..they have insulated teh cooler infront of the engine..NICE..the dash is gorgeous and interior quality unsurpassed!
Gotta love this model of boat..the versatility cannot be matched!

Old    georgea0731            09-13-2004, 8:15 PM Reply   
I made a board that I'll cover soon once the new carpet from MC comes in. This way it will match the rest of the boat. I heard 05 209 actually has a panel made for it.
Good luck,
X7 04 Panel for Ballast
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-14-2004, 7:03 AM Reply   
George,

Can you still fully fill the rear ballast with the board in place?

Also, just bacuse I am lazy, can you tell me the dimensions of the board (if you have them handy). Thanks!!

-Keith
Old    whitechocolate            09-14-2004, 7:31 AM Reply   
Jude nice fix to a bad design. It goes with your all aluminum theme trim threw out your boat. The plywood should be in a Sanger not a MC. LOL