Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-07-2006, 8:13 AM Reply   
Has anyone seen a quick release clamp for tower speakers? i keep my boat at a local marina on a Hydro Hoist, and remove my speakers each time were done. It's a pain! A quick mount, or release pin type of thing would be cool.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-07-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
Check out the samson 720 speakers.
http://www.samsonsports.com/speakers.html
The quick release they have is awesome, almost like a headphone jack, and they'll rotate 360 degrees also for sound in any direction.

I have a pair that is painted green, but could easily be repainted any color. I put up a box last year and have no use for these. let me know if your interested.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-07-2006, 5:20 PM Reply   
Go to wakeside.com, go to Fusion tower speakers, they are now offering quick release clamps. The only downside, they run $95 per clamp....OUCH!!
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-09-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
Thanks KJ. These are perfect ! On sale for $50.00 each.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-09-2006, 1:40 PM Reply   
Greg,

Look closer, when you pull the dropdown menu to order your size, it says add $45 for quick release. They are going to be $95 bucks each.
Old     (wetsoundspro)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-09-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
Greg, I am a long time viewer but first time post for me. I don't want to come across as being bias because I represent a NEW wakeboard tower speaker company; Wet Sounds™. Although, we do not sell our bracket by itself, currently, so I hope that you do not take what I am saying as a method to sway you over to our "trick connect™" concept.

Reading your request on quick release bracket I can tell you that during our research and development phase, which was well over 2 years worth, we were first approaching the concept of quick release. Our first idea was using a pin that just needed to be pulled out when you wanted to take the speakers with you. However, during several months of playing around with different concepts and ideas we encountered one major hurdle. If you use aluminum, which most are, you need to take in account that the dynamics and tolerances of this material changes based on temperature variances. Simply put, when you insert it and then run your boat all day long in the sun; at the end of the day your aluminum pin has expanded thus making it difficult for removing it. Additionally, we also discovered that with using a "pin" concept has lots of movement within where the two brackets meet. That, for us, was not acceptable as it opens a potential for disaster.

On side note, with regarding cost, it is not so much a demand issue on the consumer level as it is more so of commodities and inflation issue. Aluminum had 3 price hikes in the last 6 months and will continue to increase because of the lack of resources to provide for the growing demand. With that said, that bracket you see today for $70 each might increase to $90 by this time next year.

Anyway, I just wanted to share our experience as a company that we have identified on a professional level. With that said, however, still take it as a grain of salt as there are good products out there with good R&D put into them. Good luck.

http://www.wetsounds.com
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-09-2006, 8:38 PM Reply   
KJ,
Thanks for the added charges...I didn't even see that.I sent an E-mail to them to make sure they would work on my X Box speaker set. Thanks again for the info.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-09-2006, 8:41 PM Reply   
Hey Dale;
I looked at your web site..Nice job! It seems that you have a very high qualty product. No way to part with two clamps though Huh ?I like the design you have used. Anyhow, thanks for all the great info.